LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love seeing that olskool look of a honda or something like that layin on the ground with 13'z sticking out the like a go kart. would i be able to do this on a lexus es300. why dont they do it no more. is it dangerous or just pure stupid. i just want to drive like that for a week to freak ppl out. haha
whats the pros and cons of doing it

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
IT'S REALLY HARD ON A FWD SUSPENSION. BUT, I LOVE THAT LOOK TOO. A LOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE DON'T LIKE IT ANYMORE, BUT SOME OF THEM THINK THAT THE ONLY THING THAT SHOULD BE A LOWRIDER IS AN IMPALA. SO, DO WHAT YOU WANT, BUT KEEP AN EYE OUT ON THE SUSPENSION. ;)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got a pic of a car i saw in vegas like this. i love it. i just want to do this so i can cruise on the weekend. then i'll most probably get taken off the road by the cops.
what i need to know, is what size tire would usually be used. i mean 13x7z and i need it to be a low enough profile to fit under the guards, and my car is as low as it'll go already. what size u say?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
just dont do it please the cars look like little roller skates goin down the road not to mention it looks plain stupid :cool:

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Originally posted by Cali~DwnUnder@Sep 9 2003, 09:00 AM
i got a pic of a car i saw in vegas like this. i love it. i just want to do this so i can cruise on the weekend. then i'll most probably get taken off the road by the cops.
what i need to know, is what size tire would usually be used. i mean 13x7z and i need it to be a low enough profile to fit under the guards, and my car is as low as it'll go already. what size u say?
You would have to use a 13x7 reverse with a 175/50/13 tire. If you like that style then roll it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
u see, my view is, that if i dont do it, no one will. inn australia the lowrider scene is so small most people dont even know it exists, and we dont have no oldskool style, cos we hardly even have an og or a current style. there just isnt shit. no better way to promote to all these ridas that i can get what they want than to freak them out... turn some heads. its illegal as fuck so i wont last probably more than 1 day on the road. funny shit.
btw 175/50/13s sound about right, thanks rob.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Personally, I'm not too crazy about the 13z on a Honda look. Nonetheless, you do what ever cranks your knob. My wife has a 2001 civic, and she wanted lil 13z on it, but I told her the "baby boy" look will not only cause the police to harass her more, but the look died in the early 90's. I bought her some 18 FWD wires instead. Although the spinners do stick out pretty far when viewing the vehicle from the front or back, the car does look decent and breaks way more necks than blades. But I must warn you guys that wire wheels are designed for stud centered applications (for older American cars). Imports and Euros are all hub centered vehicles, so putting wires on your car increases the stress on the studs which could eventually snap off. When I put the wires on my wifes car, heck, even the wires I put on my Navigator (b/c the Lincoln is also a hub centered vehicle), I paid a machinist to create a custom spacer that would fit perfectly around the hub on one side, and would perfectly fit into the back of the adapter on the other side. This way, the wires roll as though they were made for hub centered applications. ;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
i got an Euro too....Merco C Class...and i choosed 15 inch cauz 13 is too small for an euro.....i think 15 is better....
And it's hard to put reverse on an euro cauz tha frame is not made for that...
With reverse, Euro looks like a big frog..and it's very hard to drive(to turn,etc)

Last edited by MR GREGGO at Sep 11 2003, 02:35 AM

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by MR GREGGO@Sep 11 2003, 01:33 AM
i got an Euro too....Merco C Class...and i choosed 15 inch cauz 13 is too small for an euro.....i think 15 is better....
With reverse, Euro looks like a big frog..and it's very hard to drive(to turn,etc)
Nice avatar, cypress hill Lowrider video right??

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yo if you like the look then slap them on i like them, i don't give a fuck whatever no one says. It's your car do what u want and if you do put them on post so pics :thumbsup:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Sep 12 2003, 08:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Sep 12 2003, 08:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--MR GREGGO@Sep 11 2003, 01:33 AM
Nice avatar, cypress hill Lowrider video right??[/b][/quote]
yeah homie.... ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts