LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i bought this truck off of a freind of mine its a 88 b2000 and it c notched and ready for bags the only thing im worried about is when i moved it the driveshaft hits the gas tank :guns: so i really dsont know the guy said for me to reverse 4 link it or put a racing feul cell in it i was woundering if somoene can shed more light in this or point me in the right direction as to more on the suspension or something of that sort

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I believe the difference is where the bars are attached to the frame- standard bars attach at points on the frame towards the front of the truck- reverse would be the opposite- the bars attach at points toward the back of the frame.Hope that helps-PEACE

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
i'm no expert, but from what i understand reverse 4-links aren't that great.

i've heard of trucks pulling driveshafts because of them. Also you get reduced braking performance and crappy handling...but i'm not an expert, so don't quote me on that ;) I would run it forward if you can, and if the tank is in the way then get a cell.

·
Registered
33 Posts
something's not right if your drive shaft is hitting you gas tank.

I had a 86 mazda bagged and bodydropped with a reverse 4 link and my drive shaft wasnt that close to my tank

reverse 4 links arent the greatest i would get a fuel cell and run a foward 4 link

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
People use those because they don't want to relocate their gas tank... You can't get any kind of good height on your lift... I wouldn't ever do a setup like that...

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
do the extra work because from what i drawn up if you wanted lift it would pull the axle further away from the tranny pulling on or pulling out the drive shaft. not much of a good idea

1 - 9 of 9 Posts