LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
THA COMEBACK
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im confused what do reverse flow cylinders look like ... in my car the the hose is at the top is that reverse flow or someone post a pic or explain reg flow and reverse flow

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
its exactly what it sounds like. instead of the cylinders fitting at the top, and the cylinders shaft is pushed downward. the reverse is the fittin on the bottom and the cylinder shaft pushes upward. used a lot in euro front ends and basically most cars with a coil over stock front suspension.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
yeah where your fitting is on the top of the casing it will be solid or have a plug in it and where your bolt goes in the bottom of the cylinder(the bolt that holds your cup or deep cup on)thats where the fitting will be at instead -these have a hollow shaft the fluid goes thru the shaft then hits the piston instead of solid shaft top fitting cylinders in rear wheel drive cars :cool:

·
THA COMEBACK
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok im still confused ok so the lil skinny part that comes out the cylinder that makes the car go uo and dwn will be at the top or bottom

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
on reverse flow cylinders the fitting is threaded into the shaft rather than the casing

·
THA COMEBACK
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o ok well i dnt think i have reverse flow my fitting is in the casing but i have a front wheel drive car is that possible

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by bigtroubles1@Oct 12 2007, 03:27 PM~8986500
o ok well i dnt think i have reverse flow my fitting is in the casing but i have a front wheel drive car is that possible
yes its the preffered more durable way,regular flow cyls are stronger

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by bigtroubles1@Oct 12 2007, 03:27 PM~8986500
yes its the preffered more durable way,regular flow cyls are stronger

·
THA COMEBACK
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
o ok so why do most people say front wheel have reverse flow...if it can be done with reg flow

·
THA COMEBACK
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
o ok got it thanks for the help

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by red_ghost@Oct 12 2007, 03:46 PM~8986654
because its much easier to install.
word! :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts