LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by WelshBoyo@Mar 12 2010, 08:37 PM~16875007
Why is this ? :biggrin:
reverse flow cylinders were junk. Ur best option at the time was to design a a sleeve to hold a standard cylinder. But hydroholics has some nice designs to give u a sleek look with performance and not having to resort to reverse flow junky cylinders.

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by HYDROHOLICS.NET+Mar 12 2010, 08:15 AM~16868672-->
Dont use them for Macphersons!
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-KINGFISH_CUSTOMS
@Mar 13 2010, 12:24 AM~16877425
reverse flow cylinders were junk. Ur best option at the time was to design a a sleeve to hold a standard cylinder. But hydroholics has some nice designs to give u a sleek look with performance and not having to resort to reverse flow junky cylinders.
True ,the Hydroholics have a sweeet design, and the new Powerball for the top is kick ass too...

But I do make a superior reverse flow, but in only 6's and 8's for the people that will still use a coil.We also offer a complete kit with top bearing cup and all ;)

135 and 145 per pair.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I bought the hydrohaulics cylinders for my mac setup.

Iv'e had all kinda cylinders through out the years.

I'd say Hydrohaulics cylinders are the best so far

·
Registered
472 Posts
Originally posted by WelshBoyo@Mar 12 2010, 07:37 PM~16875007
Why is this ? :biggrin:
2 reasons

1) The top of the strut is constantly turning due to the steering. Turning plus a swivel fitting up there = leaky leakerson

2) The shaft of the cylinder holds lots of side force, especially when going into a corner - I wouldn't want that with a hollowed out cylinder shaft.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by HYDROHOLICS.NET@Mar 13 2010, 02:17 PM~16881063
2 reasons

1) The top of the strut is constantly turning due to the steering.  Turning plus a swivel fitting up there = leaky leakerson

2) The shaft of the cylinder holds lots of side force, especially when going into a corner - I wouldn't want that with a hollowed out cylinder shaft.
or weak bulkhead fitting holding the cylinder in up top

1 - 9 of 9 Posts