LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It does this in park and neutral. I'm not sure about while driving, I haven't took it out yet to see.

anyhow, It won't rev past 4000 rpms. I think it just started doing this.
Does this mean the tranny is going out?

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
no, it has to do with your ignition controls, most cars aren't electronically goverened at low rpms like that.

concrete, please can you post the make, model, year, eng. size, etc, etc.

i will see if i can get more info. for you.

:cheesy: ,

cc

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Cruz_Campos@Sep 15 2003, 12:13 PM
no, it has to do with your ignition controls, most cars aren't electronically goverened at low rpms like that.

concrete, please can you post the make, model, year, eng. size, etc, etc.

i will see if i can get more info. for you.

cc
cool...it's a 96' olds achieva, 2.4 quad 4 engine, fuel injected.....

thanks dogg...

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
homie its am pac time, i just read the post, i will get the info for you tomorrow.

sorry for the delay.

:( ,

cc

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Cruz_Campos@Sep 16 2003, 02:17 AM
homie its am pac time, i just read the post, i will get the info for you tomorrow.

sorry for the delay.

:( ,

cc
that's all good...take your time homie..

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
concrete, my homie works for Felix Cadillac in downtown la and they service all gm makes there.

he said theres couple of reasons your car may be stalling at 4000 rpms.

-the ecm is malfunctioning
-or sensors that run to the ecm are malfunctioning
-your ignition system is malfunctioning
-your electronic governer is malfunctioning

he thinks most likely there's a problem between your coil and the distributor, apparently he has seen this problem in other 2.4, 4 bangers in pontiacs that they've serviced.

he says this is something you can repair yourself or go to a hole in the wall shop.

another alternative is to get your computer hooked up to a diagnostics machine, if yuo have triple a its about $45.

but he thinks most likely its your coil or coil wire to the distr.

hope this helps homie :cheesy: ,

cc

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool...thanks for the help dogg...
I ended up trying it out on the road and now it's not doing it anymore. I don't know what to make out of it, I need to just get rid of it.
I still get the gas smell when I start it, and I still have to hit the gas for a few seconds when I start it...(it's fuel injected so I shouldn't have to)
I got the eng. dianogstics read because the check engine light was on, it says that the tcc in the trans was messing up. also I needed to change the o2 sensor, but I didn't cuz I got lazy and also didn't have the money. Autozone wanted 100 bucks for one and I didn't have it at the time...
you think that the o2 sensor has anything to do with it?

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Originally posted by concrete@Sep 16 2003, 06:21 PM
I ended up trying it out on the road and now it's not doing it anymore. I don't know what to make out of it, I need to just get rid of it.
I still get the gas smell when I start it, and I still have to hit the gas for a few seconds when I start it...(it's fuel injected so I shouldn't have to)
I got the eng. dianogstics read because the check engine light was on, it says that the tcc in the trans was messing up. also I needed to change the o2 sensor, but I didn't cuz I got lazy and also didn't have the money. Autozone wanted 100 bucks for one and I didn't have it at the time...
thats another possibility, now when your car is running does it back fire at all?

the o2 censor makes alot of sense, i will hit him up on it as well.

i will update this thread tomorrow, i only have his work #.

cc

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Cruz_Campos+Sep 16 2003, 09:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cruz_Campos @ Sep 16 2003, 09:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--concrete@Sep 16 2003, 06:21 PM
thats another possibility, now when your car is running does it back fire at all?

the o2 censor makes alot of sense, i will hit him up on it as well.

i will update this thread tomorrow, i only have his work #.

cc[/b][/quote]
cool...
well, it kinda hesitates when idleing, like it's not getting enough gas...

I guess I need to test the fuel pump for pressure, I just don't want to put any money that I don't have to in it...

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
about the hesitation during start up and how you need to pump the pedal.

check your fuel filter.

this still shouldn't affect your rpm limit. he's going to get back to me on that still.

cc

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Cruz_Campos@Sep 17 2003, 12:25 PM
about the hesitation during start up and how you need to pump the pedal.

check your fuel filter.

this still shouldn't affect your rpm limit. he's going to get back to me on that still.

cc
I changed that a few months back because I thought that's what it was...

Maybe the regulator?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts