LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS 1963 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE CAME FROM A FIELD IN TOPEKA, KANSAS. WE HEARD OF THE CAR THROUGH A FRIEND AND DECIDED TO TAKE A LONG RIDE TO CHECK IT OUT. I WAS READY FOR A NEW PROJECT SINCE MY CAR AT THE TIME WAS A BIT PLAYED OUT. I HAVE BUILT MANY RUST BUCKETS IN THE PAST, BUT NONE IN THIS BAD OF CONDITION. WE LOOKED AT IT, THEN LOOKED AT EACH OTHER AND QUICKLY CAME TO THE AGREEMENT THAT IT WAS TO BAD OF CONDITION TO EVEN THINK OF BUILDING. AFTER TALKING TO THE GUY FOR A WHILE, MY WIFE FELT BAD FOR THE GUY AND TOLD ME TO BUY IT. I WASN’T REALLY FEELING IT TOO MUCH BUT DECIDED TO GET IT FOR THE GOOD PRICE. WE PICKED IT UP WITH A CLEAN TITLE FOR $1000. THESE ARE THE PICS OF THE INSPECTION AND TRANSPORTATION OF THE CAR. :eek:

AT THE INSPECTION, I KNEW THE CAR WAS GOING TO NEED THE FOLLOWING:
-DOORS
-QUARTER PANELS
-ALL FLOORS
-ROCKER PANELS
-FRONT CLIP
-NEW SEATS AND DOOR PANELS
-BLOCK BECAUSE IT WAS SEIZED
-FRAME BECAUSE IT WAS BENT
-ALL THE TRIM
-TRUNK
-ANOTHERWORDS IT WAS WORST THAN A PARTS CAR. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx, bro. More pics tomorrow...

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Dang the imp looks like the charlie brown christmas tree lol. But wait see them updates pics down the road.

·
Registered
829 Posts
:thumbsup::nicoderm:Going to be a clean ride when your done... one day i'll move up to the rag class.... GOOD LUCK HOMIE

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Looks like a fun project, I just picked up a 63 rag out of topeka last weekend myself. A lil better condition than the state yours is in but I paid a lil more too. Good luck on the build I will be following this one... Tweedy

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Here are a few pics of the vert with sheetmetal from a doner car. The picture of the dash was a sample shot to determine the color to go with.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

This is a pic of the clean rust free vert frame we scored. :eek:)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the great comments! Like usual time, patience, money, and more money!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks for your comments. The wife is pretty excited to get this rag done. Thanks for the PM's on selling me parts for this project, but I have everything for it and somethings doubled. I do need a good price on a windshield around the St louis, Mo area if any one knows of someone selling new ones. Thx.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.