·
Registered
2,113 Posts
mostly likey the tires..low pressure - need an alignment - or jus 1 bad tire

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dam, tires are a lil low, i think ima have to put air in them once again. also if the knockoff could be comming loose, would it make it do the same thing?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Originally posted by b_boy02000@Jul 22 2003, 02:04 PM
what could be causing this?
well it could be a number of things, bad wheel bearings , bad diff. pinion , bad u-joints , is it always exactly at 60, really could be ne thing, what kind of car is it, my friend had a 91 dodge spirt n his shook on the hi way n it turned out to be his cat converter, pretty much you have to give more details, what kind of car is it year make model, motor size ,trans type, details man. this aint the 30s no more get wit the times man!!!!

dont mean to sound like an ass i jus dont like it when peeps be doin this, :biggrin: please reply to this topic n mabe i can help ya out a bit.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Originally posted by b_boy02000@Jul 22 2003, 02:09 PM
dam, tires are a lil low, i think ima have to put air in them once again. also if the knockoff could be comming loose, would it make it do the same thing?
naww it aint the knox, you should tigten em though every so often like every two weex but if they were coming loose trust me YOUD KNOW IT! jus tighten em ne way

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry for bein vague. its a 1988 mazda b2200 standard cab stock tranny 2.2l engine. lowered 4 inches,

·
Registered
807 Posts
just a thought
try your leaf spring, u bolt, nuts.
mine was lose and i couldnt find out what was going on. then i just took some time one day and laid under the truck(nissan), looked for lose shit, and found the nuts lose on both sides.
or it could be trans mounts.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well..its not really the back that shakes, the rear shocks and leafs are fried so im gettin new ones put in this weekend, but when im drivin the steerin wheel shakes and shit. and yea its always 60 and over, sometimes 55 mph

·
Registered
807 Posts
the front of my nissan shakes between 35 and 40 mph. it didnt do it before the 13x7's. i still dont know whats wrong with it. i just over look it. i also havent had an alignment(sp?), so that could be it.
make sure the wheels are balanced right, a-arm bushings and ball joints and shit(tie rod ends) are all good, change the shocks. id wait till after you have the rear leafs and shocks are changed, then i would go get an alignment(sp?)

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i think im jus gonna toss my leafs and jus run the monroe adjustable air shocks in rear and monroe air in front. but yea, same thing here, when i had my 15 inch hammers the ride wasnt all shaky, but i jus noticed that since i got the ko on ther it gets the shakes

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
eh mabey i was jus bein nieve when i got my rims and it had a lil card that said fr show use only. o well, as long as they dont fall off or mess up my truck any more than it already is, then im straight

·
Registered
174 Posts
If the wheel shakes by turning side to side then it's a wheel problem. If it shakes up and down then it might be your motor mounts. That was my problem, the mounts.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by r8rsfan@Jul 24 2003, 09:52 AM
If the wheel shakes by turning side to side then it's a wheel problem. If it shakes up and down then it might be your motor mounts. That was my problem, the mounts.
cant realy tell which direction, its more of a medium hardness vibration

1 - 20 of 30 Posts