LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have several questions in connection with the fact that for a month I go from 60V to 96V on the front pump.
What pumphead (the ratio) is best to give? # 11? # 13?
Is the pump motor (SACO from Pro Hopper Competition) survive some time in this race with a delicate use?
At 96V give four solenoids on the front pump?

And now the next question.
Car referred to a '83 Caddy DeVille 350cu, fully wraped frame, 8 Batts, 2 pumps (no piston). On the front, and have 4 ton springs, but they exercised bad. Something with them is wrong. Is eg 4.5 tons (6 turns) black magic is to good for this vehicle? We know - a little hop must be :D

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
A #9 Marzocchi is what I would use, if you are using 1 5/8" OD cylinders on factory front suspension. Those motors will not hold up forever,but should do OK if you do not hold the switch too long, or have safety pressure release valves installed. The 4.5ton Black Magic coils would be a good choice for the front of that car. To get the height that you want, cut the springs, and put the cut side facing down, (end of coil facing outwards). Don't bother customizing the coils other than cutting them to proper height, and remember, they will settle lower after they wear in.

Reguarding solenoids, the less, the better. Anything more than a single solenoid is just for backup after the first one fails. That is personal preference, depending on how often you want to inspect the condition of your equipment.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Andrew
So 3 solenoids will be good for 96V ?

I think that 6 turn springs I dont have to cut. I don't wanna hit the belly :D
Now my springs are heat compressed from 38cm to 30cm .. and they work like some shit :D

·
Registered
563 Posts
on noid per 2 batteries and stay charged...in some cases as in the rear i will run 2 noids up to 36 volts..but not to the front..

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so i will put 4 noids to the front.
What about other questions?
Maybe some tips? ;)
Thanks homies

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn.. why 6 solenoids in this system? For what 6 in 2 banks of solenoids connected to the end? :)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

So maybe it makes more sense? goes to the same

How long lived your motors at 96V? :D

And if you say that would be good for 96V pump head # 9, for what we use 11 and 13? :D

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
why is noids on the battery ????????????
This works the same way as would have been before the pump. Simply pump is permanently tense of a part of batteries and they are switched by solenoids. And the same solenoids have less power to themself.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
why is noids on the battery ????????????
This works the same way as would have been before the pump. Simply pump is permanently tense of a part of batteries and they are switched by solenoids. And the same solenoids have less power to themself.

·
Registered
10,206 Posts

And if you say that would be good for 96V pump head # 9, for what we use 11 and 13? :D
(memory's)

·
Registered
10,206 Posts
:cool:

(memory's):cool:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts