LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to raise my front the i can hear the motor spinning but the car only goes up like an inch...i keep hitting the switch n it doesnt go up...could it be my gear?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it goes up a lil then wont go up anymore...ill dump it....then try again n same shit goes up a lil n stops but motor sounds like its trying so its not my motor..?????

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Your key might be broke, but still grabs a bit, until there is too uch pressure. Check that.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Originally posted by 505 Majestics@Dec 27 2003, 01:52 PM
THAT DUMB YOUR KEY MIGHT BE BROKE BUT IT STILL MIGHT GRAB A LITTLE..... WELL WITCH ONE IS IT ?????????????
No, not dumb. If it cracked in half, it can still catch and spin. Its happend twice to me. Oh yeah, Your cap locks is on. ;) :uh:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by 505 Majestics@Dec 27 2003, 02:52 PM
THAT DUMB YOUR KEY MIGHT BE BROKE BUT IT STILL MIGHT GRAB A LITTLE..... WELL WITCH ONE IS IT ?????????????
what the fuck dumbass? :twak:

they spline could be stripped, but not completely,

when the system has no pressure in it, there is enough material to engage slightly..

but when it starts to see pressure, it just slips...

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Dec 27 2003, 01:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Dec 27 2003, 01:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--505 Majestics@Dec 27 2003, 02:52 PM
what the fuck dumbass? :twak:

they spline could be stripped, but not completely,

when the system has no pressure in it, there is enough material to engage slightly..

but when it starts to see pressure, it just slips...[/b][/quote]
:0 ;) Dont you hate when people come on here acting like they know EVERYTHING. And as soon as you might have an answer, your "Dumb", because it might make them look better. :uh: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Originally posted by KandyKamaro@Dec 27 2003, 01:58 PM
im in las cruces 505...so its not that cold...i guess ill go check my key Thanks to the both of u!
I've also had the clip in the gear (inside the pump head) come half way off, and it acted like that. Wish I could help more. :(

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Originally posted by 505 Majestics@Dec 27 2003, 02:00 PM
WELL DUDE I HAVE OWN MY OWN SHOP FOR 12 YEARS AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT ONE....IT MUST ONLY HAPPEN TO A BUICK OWNER.......... ;)
Well, Let it be knowen that even after 12 years, YOu still dont know everything. ;) :uh:

Oh yeah, It was on my '83 coupe. Asshole.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Its likely the oring between the block and pumphead or the internal pumphead orings if its a rockford or Marz gear.

If its a marz or rockford gear,
Take it apart, replace all orings and the plastic washers inside pumphead and put back on. You'll need a rebuild kit for the pumphead.

·
Registered
970 Posts
mann... it sounds like pump head problems my caprice did that to me outa nowhere turned out the gears broke inside the pumphead...`but again could be a blown o ring or broke key.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts