LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

6941 - 6955 of 6955 Posts

·
I got the wildstyle
Instragram: Kiloz_One
3,986 Posts
I almost bought a factory restored 72 Riviera but the car had just sold. I was gonna do 14x7 True Spokes, 520s, an old school fender stone set up, rabbi ear antennas and lay it on the frame. I’ve always liked how those cars lay.
Rivi's are more iconic to lowriding then Impalas in my eyes. They have some beautiful lines, plus in 1958 they came stock with air ride from GM.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Rivi's are more iconic to lowriding then Impalas in my eyes. They have some beautiful lines, plus in 1958 they came stock with air ride from GM.
I think rivis just look better fixed up old school lowrider style than impalas. Impalas are more versatile and have body lines just made for lowriding. They lay better. The body of impalas lay closer to the ground when laid out than say a 64 riviera. I have a soft spot for the 72 boat tail riviera because of the body lines and the way it lays but I would take an impala over one anyway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think rivis just look better fixed up old school lowrider style than impalas. Impalas are more versatile and have body lines just made for lowriding. They lay better. The body of impalas lay closer to the ground when laid out than say a 64 riviera. I have a soft spot for the 72 boat tail riviera because of the body lines and the way it lays but I would take an impala over one anyway.
I agree, the Buick Riviera makes a better lowrider then Impala for sure. anything 76 or older.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I agree, the Buick Riviera makes a better lowrider then Impala for sure. anything 76 or older.
Oh no, I wasn’t saying rivieras make better lowriders than impalas. I was saying that rivieras only look better fixed up in the old school 70’s lowrider style. In my opinion impalas look better fixed up traditional style with 13” wheels and make a better lowrider. Rivis are nice though.

·
I got the wildstyle
Instragram: Kiloz_One
3,986 Posts
Oh no, I wasn’t saying rivieras make better lowriders than impalas. I was saying that rivieras only look better fixed up in the old school 70’s lowrider style. In my opinion impalas look better fixed up traditional style with 13” wheels and make a better lowrider. Rivis are nice though.
Well thats what I am saying, 58-66 Impala 67-76 Riviera.

6941 - 6955 of 6955 Posts