LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be for all Rivi pics. 1/1 scale , models, projescts, ect...The Riv has to be one of the best cars GM made . You have performance and luxury. I esspecially like the 63-65 body.

Here's a few I'm working on in both scales 1/25 and 1/1 scale

The new Zeniths for it.

model of the real one.

Had Steve Standford do a rendering for me. The tail lights and exaust will be differnet from the rendering.

·
underground pimpin'
8,483 Posts
this is the only pic of the one i did.

its the 69 kit, with the optional hood & rearend setup.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Wow, nice Rivi Truscale and a rendering by Steve Stanford, that's nice too. Here's a Rivi that belongs to my friend Pablo. He just busted it out again after a complete rehab that took over ten years. This car's been around the San Diego Lowriding scene since the 1970's and it's had 5 or 6 owners since then. Each one has done something different to the car from custom mods to paint to interior. The car's always been known for it's custom grill and that has never changed. I've always liked the Rivi models, I got em all from 63-69. Keep us posted on your build up in both scales.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by oldskool 67@Jan 11 2009, 01:55 PM~12670699
Wow, nice Rivi Truscale and a rendering by Steve Stanford, that's nice too. Here's a Rivi that belongs to my friend Pablo. He just busted it out again after a complete rehab that took over ten years. This car's been around the San Diego Lowriding scene since the 1970's and it's had 5 or 6 owners since then. Each one has done something different to the car from custom mods to paint to interior. The car's always been known for it's custom grill and that has never changed. I've always liked the Rivi models, I got em all from 63-69. Keep us posted on your build up in both scales.

That rivi is crazy. Looks like it's been under the knife a few times aswell. You need to make a model of that one. :biggrin: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
that's badass. Is it the blue one that there's pics of in the old school topic? I have them in my fotki.com

Originally posted by oldskool 67@Jan 11 2009, 01:55 PM~12670699

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Diamond502@Jan 11 2009, 04:08 PM~12671582
:cool:

Best lookn' 65 out, seen it at the Petersen museum. :thumbsup:

·
underground pimpin'
8,483 Posts
RO ur crazy for letting that one go man!! Such a clean car!

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
It's funny, the Riviera is one of my favorite cars of all time, yet I have never built one. I guess I am afraid i will fuck it up. I would hate myself if I built one of the most beautiful cars of all time, and didn't get it right.

I am still hoping that one day, someone will do a Boattail Riviera in styrene, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, here's a few Riviera pics from my Photobucket,

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by rollinoldskoo@Jan 11 2009, 05:58 PM~12672371
the only 64 model i have... an old built soon to be rebuilt...

my old 1:1 WIP i wish i never sold....

Hey, Gil what the hell where you thinking???? That car is clean. :0 How long ago did you sell it?

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
How many of you guy's knew that the 1963 Riviera was Originally designed as a Cadillac, yup that's right a cadillac. The 1963 Buick Riviera was GM's first real response to the Ford Thunderbird, and brought new attention to Buick Division, which needed something at the time to bring people into its showrooms.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Jan 11 2009, 02:44 PM~12671063
that's badass.  Is it the blue one that there's pics of in the old school topic?  I have them in my fotki.com
Yep, same car, it used to be blue flake with patterns prior to this version.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
here is the only riv i have ever done

i always liked the boattails best but the havent gotten a model one yet

·
Registered
20,283 Posts
My Homie Josh's Rivi... :cool:

·
Registered
813 Posts