LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boy is getting me a deal on 2 12" rockwood (i think there rockwood) subs, they are 700w not to sure on the specs, thats all I know, I don't know the model number yet, i'm going to need some help making a box for this, if anyone is up for that, I want to make it a ported design, thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Is it this sub?

Ill tell you right now, you dont want my opinion of these subs,its most probably the "xplore" sony xplode knockoffs that rockwood is semi-famous for.. But since you didnt ask ;) ... was any documentation supplied with the subs? Because Rockwood is one of those companies that doesnt even have a website that publishes their theile/smalll parameters (the information you need to make the right size box). So guessing is just going to be as good as it gets. Safe bet wouild be to do two cubic foot per `12" sealed....if you port it without knowing what to tune it at, youi'll get mad port noise, high distortion, low performing response most likely. But you might just get the port size in the ballpark with a guess....its hard to say without those theile/small parameters I spoke of.

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, I have seen there site some where when I searched for it, I am going with rockwood for now until I can get some RE's or treo, I don't have the specs yet on the subs, the guy whos getting em for me is at work right now, when he gets home, he'll get the specs for me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts