LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
FuCk EuRrOnE
Joined
·
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did my first 3 wheel today, and was just wondering if my rear quarters will buckle, or frame twist, or break a cylinder, if my frame is not reinforced. It is just a slow rolling 3, nothin crazy, will it hurt anything, Well any info will help. Thankz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,868 Posts
more specs would really help, batteries, car, placement of bastteries etc. as it is not totally the 3 wheel motion that puts a toll on your car, it is the weight of the batteris twisting on the frame. Just more info is needed for a better answer.

as a general rule, you should have reinfoecements.
 

·
FuCk EuRrOnE
Joined
·
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankz man, My set up has 4 batteries in the middle front part of the trunk with 2 pumps right in front of them, everything is in the center of the trunk, hope this helps any. Thankz.
 

·
FuCk EuRrOnE
Joined
·
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah my bad, It is in an 85 Regal, if that also helps.
 

·
FuCk EuRrOnE
Joined
·
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone else got sum advice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,054 Posts
do you have power balls? if so you should be good , if you have hyme joints aka rod ands they will moastlikely break
 

·
FuCk EuRrOnE
Joined
·
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thankz, yeah I got powerballs with 12 inch cylinders, so thats ok to do it then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,195 Posts
I had 12s on my first cutlass with hyme joints the wont break if theyre welded on right . And you wont buckle anything but look out for bumps.Also look out for the car fish-tailing my little brothers cutlass rear end did this once and hit a curb and bent a rim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
yes... the quarter pannel will will kink... and will have a ripple in it that you can never get rid offf. you need magor reinforce ment over the rear bells..( the frame that wraps over the rear wheels) i have a buddy that has the same exact car.. and this happened to him. and his car had reinforcement.. with alot of weight in the trunk to ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,195 Posts
NOT TRUE MAN YOU DONT NEED REINFORCEMENT TO ROLLING 3 A G-BODY IVE HAD 3 OF THEM THE QUATERS WONT KINK UNLESS YOU HAVE A WHOLE LOT OF WEIGHT IN TE BACK.IVE HAD 10 BATTS IN THE BACK OF ONE AND RODE IT FOR A YEAR WITH NO REINFORCEMENT ,IT NEVER KINKED ,WHEN I DID STAP IT IT WAS TO STIFFEN UP MY HOP.
IF YOU KEEP THE SETUP YOU HAVE AND DONT GET RECKLESS WITH IT YOULL BE FINE.OH YEAH A G- BODY WILL 3 WHEEL EVEN IF THE WEIGHT ISNT IN THE TRUNK EVEN IF THE WHOLE SET UP IS IN THE BACK SEAT THE 12S ARE ALL YOU NEED NO WEIGHT.I DID IT WITH 10s 3 TURNS OF COIL, AND THE SAME SET UP YOU HAVE . ;) ;) ;)
 

·
FuCk EuRrOnE
Joined
·
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello 2003 :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
to be safe, no! get a wrap or re enforcements, most of my frame is wrapped now but i still dont hit too many 3's, if you put all this money in the car be safe or it'll go down the toilet. :biggrin: good luck, its your car and time so its always up to you :cool:
 

·
I ROLL 13'S SUCKA
Joined
·
1,787 Posts
Originally posted by regallowlow187@Apr 12 2011, 02:04 PM~20320994
Hello 2003  :biggrin:
dayuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
 

·
1 of a kind
Joined
·
2,811 Posts
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Oct 13 2003, 06:35 PM~1168261
NOT TRUE MAN YOU DONT NEED REINFORCEMENT TO ROLLING 3 A G-BODY IVE HAD 3 OF THEM THE QUATERS WONT KINK UNLESS YOU HAVE A WHOLE LOT OF WEIGHT IN TE BACK.IVE HAD 10 BATTS IN THE BACK OF ONE AND RODE IT FOR A YEAR WITH NO REINFORCEMENT ,IT NEVER KINKED ,WHEN I DID STAP IT IT WAS TO STIFFEN UP MY HOP.                                                                                                                                   
        IF YOU KEEP THE SETUP YOU HAVE AND DONT GET RECKLESS WITH IT YOULL BE FINE.OH YEAH A G- BODY WILL 3 WHEEL EVEN IF THE WEIGHT ISNT IN THE TRUNK EVEN IF THE WHOLE SET UP IS IN THE BACK SEAT THE 12S ARE ALL YOU NEED NO WEIGHT.I DID IT WITH 10s 3 TURNS OF COIL, AND THE SAME SET UP YOU HAVE . ;)  ;)  ;)
:nono: YEA i dont know about that..If you have a car worth taking care of you should reInforce. If you are switch happy and 3 wheel those quarter panels will kink
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Originally posted by down79@Apr 13 2011, 07:21 PM~20332350
:nono: YEA i dont know about that..If you have a car worth taking care of you should reInforce. If you are switch happy and 3 wheel those quarter panels will kink
i agree my frame got fucked up from hopp'N and 3 wheel your car isnt made to do this type of stuff so you have to reinforce the metal when i took my old frame off the whole frame was angled inward fucked up reinforce you frame saves you money in the long run :biggrin:
 

·
LAYEDBACK
Joined
·
10,100 Posts
Originally posted by DamnGina@Apr 13 2011, 10:08 PM~20333437
i agree my frame got fucked up from hopp'N and 3 wheel your car isnt made to do this type of stuff so you have to reinforce the metal when i took my old frame off the whole frame was angled inward  fucked up reinforce you frame saves you money in the long run :biggrin:
DAAAAAAAMN Gina!!!! :biggrin:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top