LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i do a rolling three wheel wat do i have to do besides renforceing the cross member,boxing of the c sections in the frame, do i have to enforce the axel, what size cylinders do i need, will 8s in the front 10s in the back work? will 24v volts pop the three wheel or do i have to add more batts. and how do i renforce the cross member, will it work if i wrap the bottom and sides of the cross member Please help and thanks anything else

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
Originally posted by whitepac@Aug 7 2005, 07:05 PM~3557514
if i do a rolling three wheel wat do i have to do besides renforceing the cross member,boxing of the c sections in the frame, do i have to enforce the axel, what size cylinders do i need, will 8s in the front 10s in the back work? will 24v volts pop the three wheel or do i have to add more batts. and how do i renforce the cross member, will it work if i wrap the bottom and sides of the cross member Please help and thanks anything else
well from what i was told and what i did was reinforce the rear arches ( c sections) ...also the rear end and the frame rails of the car....but once this is done you should be able to even stand 3 depending on the car and your setup......for a good 3 you need at least 12-14s in the back...8s up front will be fine......24vts will be pretty slow...id say at least 36......but then again it all depends on the car

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
My lac does phat 3's with only 24 to the back,i'm running 12's out back.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
You can do rolling 3s with 12v in the back, as long as the weight is there. I am running 4 batts , 2s2p (24v) and it does good rolling 3s but wont hold a standing 3.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
dont forget to notch out your frame ... i procrastinated ...and now i gotta drop $125 getting my driveline retubed and balanced.. and thats price over the phone and i get real lucky ...

and like slammed lincoln said .. 12's to 14's in the rear .. i have two pumps on the rear of my impala .. but impalas should dump into a 3 with proper wieght dist..

also you will want a heavy duty carrier bearing .. and enuff slip in the shaft so you dont push the yoke into your transmission

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by whitepac@Aug 8 2005, 12:05 AM~3557514

10's should work for rolling 3's ... it might be smaller 3 but ... you gotta start somewhere

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by ice64berg@Aug 8 2005, 11:54 AM~3561545
dont forget to notch out your frame ... i procrastinated ...and now i gotta drop $125 getting my driveline retubed and balanced.. and thats price over the phone and i get real lucky ...

and like slammed lincoln said .. 12's to 14's in the rear ..  i have two pumps on the rear of my impala .. but impalas should dump into a 3 with proper wieght dist..

also you will want a heavy duty carrier bearing .. and enuff slip in the shaft so you dont push the yoke into your transmission
ok how do you notch the frame and were, weres the carrier bearing, and how do i give more slip in the shaft

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by whitepac@Aug 8 2005, 07:00 PM~3561584
ok how do you notch the frame and were, weres the carrier bearing, and how do i give more slip in the shaft
carrier bearings are behind the yoke in the frame you gotta undo the two bolts in the center of the frame and pull out the drive line to get to it ... stock carriers break pretty easy ..

as for drive shaft slip ...you gotta measure from the 2nd and third ujoint in the rear section of the drive line ...measure it locked up and measure it again laid .. and see how much diffenrece there is ...and some room for error and you know how long the slip needs to be as well as how much tube is gonna be left on with slip joint in

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by ice64berg@Aug 8 2005, 12:09 PM~3561628
carrier bearings are behind the yoke in the frame  you gotta undo the two bolts in the center of the frame and pull out the drive line to get to it ... stock carriers break pretty easy ..

as for drive shaft slip ...you gotta measure from the 2nd and third ujoint in the rear section of the drive line ...measure it locked up and measure it again laid .. and see how much diffenrece there is ...and some room for error and you know how long the slip needs to be as well as how much tube is gonna be left on with slip joint in
wat about the frame notch thing,

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by ice64berg@Aug 8 2005, 12:09 PM~3561628
carrier bearings are behind the yoke in the frame  you gotta undo the two bolts in the center of the frame and pull out the drive line to get to it ... stock carriers break pretty easy ..

and do i have to buy something for drive shaft slip and can you please post pics on how to thanks

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
can some body tell me do i have to do this and if yes how, dont nobody now a site that shows this

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by 59Impala@Aug 8 2005, 08:22 AM~3560009
You can do rolling 3s with 12v in the back, as long as the weight is there.  I am running 4 batts , 2s2p (24v) and it does good rolling 3s but wont hold a standing 3.
That is not true, not the 12V, 24volts yes.

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
yes both true. i believe there are a few ways of measuring for the slipyolk. i believe there is a section in the tech area that talks about measuring driveshaft length. if not look it up on the web. as far at the notch goes u have to cut out a section of the fram where the driveshaft comes out of the back of the X, u will see when u lift the car with the driveshaft in it will contact that point. i think there is a notch of about 2 or 3 inches cut outta mine. but again im only running 10inch in my 63.
hope that helps
layta

1 - 20 of 38 Posts