LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you guys route the lines out of the trunk on a g-body? would you go down the back seat and throw the floor pan then along the from rail? or.....
tell me what you do, thanks :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I drilled two holes under my rear deck and then used rubber gromets. I wire tied the hoses to the little subframe that goes across and then down the rails.

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
drill a whole in the trunk try to make a gromet of some kind, or use bulkhead fittings...I routed my hoses in side the drivers side frame rail wire tied to the fuel lines

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
drill a whole in the trunk try to make a gromet of some kind, or use bulkhead fittings...I routed my hoses in side the drivers side frame rail wire tied to the fuel lines

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any one have pics. its a long shot but ya never know.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I have pics but, they were taken with a regular camera. I am suppose to get a digicam soon if someone hurrys up *cough cough V * anyways, you can get up under your car and route the hose next to your brakeline. Once you get under there then you will definately be able to tell where to run the lines.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by S10lifted@Jan 16 2004, 10:12 PM
I have pics but, they were taken with a regular camera. I am suppose to get a digicam soon if someone hurrys up *cough cough V * anyways, you can get up under your car and route the hose next to your brakeline. Once you get under there then you will definately be able to tell where to run the lines.
HAHA i have been under my ride for the past 15 min at 10:25 at night!! (your in indiana you know its cold out there when you lay on the ground!) well from what i see i could run it throw the back of the trunk floor (under the deck) down infront of that brace thing....now this is where it gets funny! there is the trailing arm and above that is a little brace...i cant go under it because when the cars lowerd i know that arms going to get REALLY close to the brace....and theres not alot of room above it...

do you have a scanner? guess not you would have thought of that haha

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Jan 16 2004, 09:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Jan 16 2004, 09:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--S10lifted@Jan 16 2004, 10:12 PM
I have pics but, they were taken with a regular camera.  I am suppose to get a digicam soon if someone hurrys up *cough cough V *  anyways, you can get up under your car and route the hose next to your brakeline.  Once you get under there then you will definately be able to tell where to run the lines.
HAHA i have been under my ride for the past 15 min at 10:25 at night!! (your in indiana you know its cold out there when you lay on the ground!) well from what i see i could run it throw the back of the trunk floor (under the deck) down infront of that brace thing....now this is where it gets funny! there is the trailing arm and above that is a little brace...i cant go under it because when the cars lowerd i know that arms going to get REALLY close to the brace....and theres not alot of room above it...

do you have a scanner? guess not you would have thought of that haha[/b][/quote]
Damn, now you have me tryting to remember exactly where I have mine tied off at. And hell yes it is cold. :biggrin: If I remeber right, I tied them off to the front of the brace and then ran them above it and through the trunk floor under the rear deck. I will look tomorrow when I cut another turn off my rear coils. What part of IN are you from? Matter of fact, give me a few minutes and I will go and see if I can tell without climbing under my car. I might be able too cause I have plenty of room considering my bumper gets almost as high as my chest. :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Alright, I ran them under the brace. They are inbetween my trailing arms. They are tied tight against it. Tomorrow I can give a better description cause right now its a little dark. ;)

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Jan 17 2004, 12:04 AM
im like 15min from bloomington :biggrin:
Then you should only be around a half hour or 45 minutes from here. Do you know where Bradford Woods is? Its off S.R. 67.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by S10lifted+Jan 17 2004, 01:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S10lifted @ Jan 17 2004, 01:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mark@Jan 17 2004, 12:04 AM
im like 15min from bloomington :biggrin:
Then you should only be around a half hour or 45 minutes from here. Do you know where Bradford Woods is? Its off S.R. 67.[/b][/quote]
nope dont belive i do.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Its cool. I live off of s.r. 39 if you know where that is. I didn't get the chance to mess with my car today but, as soon as I do I will tell you exactly how I have my hoses ran.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
come on i know theres MANY MORE g-body guys in here that could tell me where they ran there line from the trunk floor to the rails. i want to know how you all got around every thing to get to the rails :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I didn't run mine from the trunk on my first Cutlass. If you take off the bottom of the back seat you'll see 2 drain plugs. Take out those plugs and then run your lines through there.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by allcoupedup@Jan 18 2004, 12:19 PM
I didn't run mine from the trunk on my first Cutlass. If you take off the bottom of the back seat you'll see 2 drain plugs. Take out those plugs and then run your lines through there.
if you didnt do that on your first cutty where did you? and you dont think the back seat riders can mash down on the lines do you? thats one thing i was thinking about

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
mine were run throw the plug openings under the seat and I never had a problem with anyone damaging the lines... I just don't know how the seat was taken out can anyone tell me how you unbolt the back seat?

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
you just gotta push the bottom piece foward and the lift up and the it will pop out. Then there is a toque key to un do bolts to take the back rest off

·
Registered
379 Posts
in my cutlass i ran the hoses right under the carpet like amp power wires . :biggrin:

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by LD0GG@Jan 18 2004, 06:36 PM
mine were run throw the plug openings under the seat and I never had a problem with anyone damaging the lines... I just don't know how the seat was taken out can anyone tell me how you unbolt the back seat?
:biggrin:

It is easy!! ;) The bottom part is a knee kicker seat!! take your knee and pushagainst the front of the seat andpull up!! Then there is 2 #45 Torx's heads holding in the back part of the seat!! ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts