LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i picked up a few quarts at 8.99 each,i remember someone saying that they could get em for 4.99 a quart ,any info or what your paying

·
Registered
249 Posts
YUP THERE BOUT THE SAME PRICE WHERE IM AT BUT IF YOU COME UP ON THEM FOR $4.99 A QUART.. HIT ME UP ON THAT

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
it made my truck leak :(

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Originally posted by Sleepy G@Dec 3 2008, 11:51 PM~12329329
it made my truck leak :(
i've heard that happening to other vehicles even heard that the car was burning oil really bad. changed the oil again, put mobile 1 in and it was fine.

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
Id imagine that stuff is too much of a shock to the system for some rides. Its like they tell you if you wanna change your tranny fluid just change what comes out of the pan, if you do a complete flush your putting in thinner cleaner fluids that the tranny is not used to and you can ruin parts soon after a complete flush. The partial flush leaves some of the nasty stuff in that it craves :biggrin:

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by maniak2005@Dec 4 2008, 02:31 PM~12335534
i've heard that happening to other vehicles even heard that the car was burning oil really bad. changed the oil again, put mobile 1 in and it was fine.

IVE BEEN RUNNIN QUAKER HORSEPOWER AND QUAKER TORQUE ON ALL THE CARS AND TRUCKS AT THE HOUSE

NEVER HAD A PROBLEM

BUT ROYAL PURPLE SUCKS

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Originally posted by CoupeDevilleDTS@Dec 4 2008, 02:45 PM~12336382
Id imagine that stuff is too much of a shock to the system for some rides.  Its like they tell you if you wanna change your tranny fluid just change what comes out of the pan, if you do a complete flush your putting in thinner cleaner fluids that the tranny is not used to and you can ruin parts soon after a complete flush.  The partial flush leaves some of the nasty stuff in that it craves :biggrin:
ive been saying that for years, nobody at work believes me..... :(

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Originally posted by Sleepy G@Dec 4 2008, 07:43 PM~12337703
IVE BEEN RUNNIN QUAKER HORSEPOWER AND QUAKER TORQUE ON ALL THE CARS AND TRUCKS AT THE HOUSE
NEVER HAD A PROBLEM

BUT ROYAL PURPLE SUCKS
ya i dont like royal purple. that ish sucks.

·
Registered
13,129 Posts
Originally posted by Sleepy G@Dec 4 2008, 03:43 PM~12337703
NEVER HAD A PROBLEM

BUT ROYAL PURPLE SUCKS

THATS ALL I BUY..IS QUAKER STATE :cool:

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by Ese Caqui@Dec 9 2008, 05:00 AM~12376810
$6.99 a qt
I love the shit.  I have a 350 bored 30 over.  Roller Rocker ECT.  I've tried other Synthetics but I don't get the same performance.  Shit I even run it on the "beefy" 4.1 Caddy and notice better fuel economy.  On the wife's Toyata Rav4 I just run cheapo shit though

ur a liar

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
buddy of mine had a 500 whp civic the car was running fine
changed oil to royal purple and he got piston grip on 2 pistons ...
that shit is overated
Mobil 1 is down right the best oil on the market

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Royal Purple retail here in Edmonton is $10.39/L or $7.92USa quart.

Mobil one is junk. The only reason it's so big is because Exxon promotes the shit out of it.

I've used Royal Purple in the girlfriends car. She's gotten better gas mileage on the highway. She's gained 60 miles to a tank but switching from conventional to Royal purple.

The best oil hands down is Amsoil. We had a 94 chev pickup 350 gas, ran Amsoil after the first oil change was due and had put 262,500miles on that motor without a rebuild. Never burned or dripped a drop of oil, went through a 2 transmission though. That might have been from pulling a 5000lbs trailer in the summer.

Amsoil has a new filtration system that allows you to go 62,500 miles without an oil change.

I'm not an Amsoil rep but the money save running the highest quality oil pays off in the end.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
if nascar uses mobil 1 i think its safe to say its probably the best out there

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
what should i run in a rebuilt v8 with hydraulic lifters, its a 350, i havent started it yet, but i was thinking after i ran oil through it on its preliminary break in, i wanted to run something good. but the motor is a 77 and my dad said the motor wasnt meant to take synthetic and it will leak...

:dunno:

wut should i do?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts