LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was readin about hoppin on air, and i saw something about a yota on helium... how the heck would you set THAT up... like nitro? im gonna eventually bag my truck and i was gonna do nitro... btu helium sounds interesting :cool: any pics of setups or this infamous yota runnin it?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I had my lines and fittings setup to where I could run air, nitro, or helium. The guy that hooked it up actually tested the helium out, but I think it is the same as nitro.

·
Registered
93 Posts
yea, it moves faster, but i have heard it also should only be used on certain valves. i was talking to a owner of a shop near me and he runs helium but he has gone through about 5 different valve brands before he found a brand that actually would work with it, i guess it just destroyed his valves. the valves he is running is sirian? not sure but it something like that, but it is faster than air or nitrogen

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
My thoughts on this are. Helium will move faster than nitrogen and air, but helium is a thinner gas and therefore it will leak faster also. And the main reason for running nitrogen is it is an inert gas so it is not flammable also it does it hold moisture so you will not get moisture traped in your system. Just my thoughts and what i have gathered

·
Registered
321 Posts
Originally posted by ninetytwosuz@Aug 2 2005, 09:31 AM
i was readin about hoppin on air, and i saw something about a yota on helium... how the heck would you set THAT up... like nitro? im gonna eventually bag my truck and i was gonna do nitro... btu helium sounds interesting  :cool: any pics of setups or this infamous yota runnin it?
[snapback]3527050[/snapback]​

Infamous? that yota was yappin about a 6 ft vertical jump that it truly didnt do ,until that cut-dog came out with that 7 ft jump.
:0

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also have been looking into helium. Been running nitro and was looking for somthing faster. Heliumis a lot quicker! I had my reg set at 150 p.s.i. with nitro, and my ride would go up fast, but with helium at 150 , my ride would pop up real quick. I would say about 40% faster. If you have a nitro bottle, you can use the same bottle for helium ( same reg to). Look around for were all the guys with bags buy there gas. I have found out that the shop around here offers helium cheaper than nitro . They said that it's because they sell so much that they can offer such a big discount. at any rate it's worth the $ to give it a try. :biggrin:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the big reds valves from air ride tech. Running helium for two months no problems yet .
Get my helium at Janco in San Jose CA.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts