LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anyone now how i would hook up my compressors to the alternator..??? and i'm i going to have to run a big 8 gauge line all the way from the alternator to the relay some how... please someone explain this to me...thanks...Layds10 and would this kill the life on my alternator..?>??or is there a way that i can charge my batt for my airbags off the alternator...??? thanks.. again

Last edited by layds10 at Jan 18 2004, 05:49 PM

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
you mean run an extra battery in the trunk and only run the compresser off that battery but have the alt charge both batteries?

running the comp off the alt is kinda well i don't know what you want? :uh: but the alt is to the battery and then run the comp off the battery and they should all run fine batt should be charged and alt should be charging

i run normal charging system factory

but a 4 guage battery from positive terminal to a battery i have in trunk's possitive terminal with an isolator in between them. both batteries are frame and body grounded then my comp off the second battery

big dan can explain running a second battery for you

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
so to sum up whatever the hell i wrote get a second battery for the trunk run 4 guage cable from regular battery to auxillary battery then ground them both properly and have a isolater to keep the batteries from xing juice and draining problems should work

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks..joe...i got it... i do have a second batt inthe trunk it's a deep cycle..so i can recharge and it doesn't kill the life.. so run from the front batt pos to the rear batt pos. ground them both and put in an isolater. can i get that from a local parts store..and how much should it run me and are they pretty easy to hook up... thanks. again..

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by layds10@Jan 18 2004, 07:43 PM
hey thanks..joe...i got it... i do have a second batt inthe trunk it's a deep cycle..so i can recharge and it doesn't kill the life.. so run from the front batt pos to the rear batt pos. ground them both and put in an isolater. can i get that from a local parts store..and how much should it run me and are they pretty easy to hook up... thanks. again..
use a standard ford starter solenoid..
front batter to one main lug, rear bettery to the other, and use an ignition "hot' to activate the solenoid...
or I have a brand new Stinger isolator I'll sell for 25 shipped

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
isolator like 20 buck i am not sure i bought one never used it but big dan has talked me into just using a battery switch of an ignition source so that they are connected while car is on and not while car is off a battery switch is a ford starter solenoid like the type used for hydros

i use an accurate solenoid

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks...dan... but i think i'll give the ford. a try... shouldi ground the second horn..the one that's next to the ignition line... orjust leave it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lolz...hey thanks guys.. i greatly appreciate it a ton..i'm heading out to but that stuff right now... thanks again...later.layds10

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by layds10@Jan 18 2004, 07:54 PM
hey thanks...dan... but i think i'll give the ford. a try... shouldi ground the second horn..the one that's next to the ignition line... orjust leave it.
just leave it... but make sure the mounting tabs of the solenoid are grounded...

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Jan 18 2004, 08:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Jan 18 2004, 08:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--layds10@Jan 18 2004, 07:54 PM
just leave it... but make sure the mounting tabs of the solenoid are grounded...[/b][/quote]
what is a second horn?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i got it working..thanks again to everyone who clued me in... and by second horn i ment the 2 little screws that are in the middle of the relay..but thanks again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts