LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wanting to know how every one ran there air line :biggrin: but i want detail.
i was thinking of running the front lines down the back seat and throw the floor pan next to the frame rails, is this a good idea? and how often did you use clamps along the way to the front?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I always try to run them away from heat or any sort of friction. I run air lines through some sort of conduit...eg wire loom....heater hose...etc.. If you are going to run it through the floors or past any metal I would recommend using pieces of heater hose when passing by it....

Another idea is to visit your local truck/air brake service center, most places carry "d" clips. You can get them in brass or chrome finish. They have a rubber gromet around the edge so you don't have to worry about it cutting through the line

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by streetlevelcreations@Jan 16 2004, 03:25 PM
I always try to run them away from heat or any sort of friction. I run air lines through some sort of conduit...eg wire loom....heater hose...etc.. If you are going to run it through the floors or past any metal I would recommend using pieces of heater hose when passing by it....

Another idea is to visit your local truck/air brake service center, most places carry "d" clips. You can get them in brass or chrome finish. They have a rubber gromet around the edge so you don't have to worry about it cutting through the line
i already have the clamps and gromments, i was just wanting really where to route the line. regal

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey one click where did you run your lines on the cutlass?

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
back when i used to run airlines i would NEVER ever over book or have any pilots with out 50,000 hours experiance or even go with a flight attenedant that didnt know cpr....dont get me wrong i can tell you how to run air lines all day but its not easy you gotta know who to hire and where to place them you also gotta keep a fleet of about 175 planes constantly moving around the world. there is also keeping all the machine stuff working nicely, never keep tires on a plane after 16 landings they are trash after that. and one last tip ill give you is to pay attention!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by BuThatsaCHRYSLER@Jan 16 2004, 06:10 PM
back when i used to run airlines i would NEVER ever over book or have any pilots with out 50,000 hours experiance or even go with a flight attenedant that didnt know cpr....dont get me wrong i can tell you how to run air lines all day but its not easy you gotta know who to hire and where to place them you also gotta keep a fleet of about 175 planes constantly moving around the world. there is also keeping all the machine stuff working nicely, never keep tires on a plane after 16 landings they are trash after that. and one last tip ill give you is to pay attention!
:roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by lolo4life+Jan 16 2004, 06:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lolo4life @ Jan 16 2004, 06:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BuThatsaCHRYSLER@Jan 16 2004, 06:10 PM
:roflmao: :roflmao:[/b][/quote]
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: i was told i could do more than 16 landings on a set of tires

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but for real ya all :biggrin: i want some more input about where evey on ran the air line for the front out of the trunk :biggrin:
every one think its going to be ok going throw the floor pan under the back seat or should i run it out the very back pan in the trunk?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jan 16 2004, 06:49 PM
i just ran the ss line under car right along side the frame
i like your "map"

but i think you mist my Question or concern. im haveing a hard time makeing up my mind on how i want to get the 3 front lines out of the trunk to the frame rails. ;)

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Jan 16 2004, 05:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Jan 16 2004, 05:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52@Jan 16 2004, 06:49 PM
i just ran the ss line under car right along side the frame
i like your "map"

but i think you mist my Question or concern. im haveing a hard time makeing up my mind on how i want to get the 3 front lines out of the trunk to the frame rails. ;)[/b][/quote]
that is always the problem with running line like that

wait 3 front lines?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep 3 lines york,left and right bags :cheesy:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Jan 16 2004, 06:17 PM
get a 2 or 3 gallon tank put that up front gain speed volum and eliminate line going under car

Last edited by joebomber52 at Jan 16 2004, 06:47 PM

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by joebomber52+Jan 16 2004, 07:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Jan 16 2004, 07:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mark@Jan 16 2004, 06:17 PM
get a 2 or 3 gallon tank put that up front gain speed volum and eliminate line going under car[/b][/quote]
if i had a SAFE place i would. but for now its all 12 gallons in the trunk. so i must figure out the best way to run the line out of the trunk

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Jan 16 2004, 07:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Jan 16 2004, 07:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2004, 07:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Mark
@Jan 16 2004, 06:17 PM

get a 2 or 3 gallon tank put that up front gain speed volum and eliminate line going under car
if i had a SAFE place i would. but for now its all 12 gallons in the trunk. so i must figure out the best way to run the line out of the trunk[/b][/quote]
there has to be room under that bumper viair make really slim tanks you can fit them somewhere

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by joebomber52+Jan 16 2004, 08:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Jan 16 2004, 08:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2004, 07:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Mark

if i had a SAFE place i would. but for now its all 12 gallons in the trunk. so i must figure out the best way to run the line out of the trunk
there has to be room under that bumper viair make really slim tanks you can fit them somewhere[/b][/quote]
ummm i get in a front end crash......BOOOOOOM

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Jan 16 2004, 07:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Jan 16 2004, 07:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2004, 07:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Mark

there has to be room under that bumper viair make really slim tanks you can fit them somewhere
ummm i get in a front end crash......BOOOOOOM[/b][/quote]
no
that wont happen
if you put it in a good spot

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Run them through the firewall and under the carpet it looks cleaner. That's what my buddy did with his regal.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Jan 16 2004, 06:05 PM
hey one click where did you run your lines on the cutlass?
I ran everything under the car along the frame rails... i am redoing my rear suspension (cleaning things up a little) right now and i will have many pictures up on here very soon (as soon as i am done)... basically all i am doing now is mounting the top rear mounts solid to the frame cause i bent the center rod in my pass. rear bracket... before, the tops of the rear were just sitting in the top spring perch but one came out and bent over, so i am mounting them solid (had to cut some of the trunk floor up to be able to put a washer and nut on the top mount)... i will have tons of pics soon...

But i did have all my air lines running from the trunk under the car and strapped them to the frame rails using zip ties... works very good... never had a problem with the lines yet... just make sure you keep them away from your exhaust... :)

Jason

Last edited by oneclick at Jan 17 2004, 06:17 AM

1 - 20 of 41 Posts