LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
ever thought about hardlines? Its cheaper then braided and it lasts alot longer then air brake line. Reg air brake line should be replaced every year or so depending on max psi.

Im gonna mix harline and braided for reliability, plus 1/2 braided only cost me about $1 a foot :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
ok what im really wanting to know is how did you get the front lines out of the trunk!? i look under the car and dont see one good way to route the air line from the trunk floor to the frame rails. its the part between the frame rails and trunk floor im stuck on

·
Registered
343 Posts
run it from under the back seat through the interior, clamp it every 9inches in the interior, then drill a hole in the firewall and run the hose there. Thats what i did to my Boy's Whip but it wasn't no g-body :uh: :(

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Jan 17 2004, 01:08 PM
ok what im really wanting to know is how did you get the front lines out of the trunk!? i look under the car and dont see one good way to route the air line from the trunk floor to the frame rails. its the part between the frame rails and trunk floor im stuck on
I ran mine on the inside of my 61 out through factory firewall holes! :0

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by SIXONEFORLIFE+Jan 17 2004, 02:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SIXONEFORLIFE @ Jan 17 2004, 02:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mark@Jan 17 2004, 01:08 PM
I ran mine on the inside of my 61 out through factory firewall holes! :0[/b][/quote]
i just said that :angry:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
im not to hot on this running in the guts :( it seems like more trouble than its even worth.
and you all are still missing it by a mile on what im wanting to know! from the trunk floor to the rails!!!

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Jan 17 2004, 02:37 PM
im not to hot on this running in the guts :( it seems like more trouble than its even worth.
and you all are still missing it by a mile on what im wanting to know! from the trunk floor to the rails!!!
on mine i drilled four holes (2 for rear/2 for front) in the trunk floor about 4-5 inches from the back of the seat, ran the lines out and over to the frame rails, then ran them straight up to the front, i will go out and get some pictures... i still have my car in the air on jack stands and the wheels off... so give me a couple hours and i'll post some pics to show you...

Jason

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Originally posted by oneclick+Jan 17 2004, 03:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (oneclick @ Jan 17 2004, 03:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mark@Jan 17 2004, 02:37 PM
im not to hot on this running in the guts :(  it seems like more trouble than its even worth.
on mine i drilled four holes (2 for rear/2 for front) in the trunk floor about 4-5 inches from the back of the seat, ran the lines out and over to the frame rails, then ran them straight up to the front, i will go out and get some pictures... i still have my car in the air on jack stands and the wheels off... so give me a couple hours and i'll post some pics to show you...

Jason[/b][/quote]
thanks very much jason! :biggrin: can you make sure to get the pic of where the air line comes out on the under side of the trunk and makes its way to the rails!!!! thanks!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Jan 17 2004, 03:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Jan 17 2004, 03:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2004, 03:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Mark
@Jan 17 2004, 02:37 PM
im not to hot on this running in the guts :(  it seems like more trouble than its even worth.

Jason
thanks very much jason! :biggrin: can you make sure to get the pic of where the air line comes out on the under side of the trunk and makes its way to the rails!!!! thanks!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:[/b][/quote]
I will get pics from under the car and then a shot down to the front... different angles, etc... should be able to see everything.

Jason

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by lolo4life@Jan 17 2004, 03:23 PM
run it from under the back seat through the interior, clamp it every 9inches in the interior, then drill a hole in the firewall and run the hose there. Thats what i did to my Boy's Whip but it wasn't no g-body :uh: :(
you've never touched a car you idiot

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Jan 17 2004, 04:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Jan 17 2004, 04:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lolo4life@Jan 17 2004, 03:23 PM
run it from under the back seat through the interior, clamp it every 9inches in the interior, then drill a hole in the firewall and run the hose there. Thats what i did to my Boy's Whip but it wasn't no g-body  :uh:  :(
you've never touched a car you idiot[/b][/quote]
i have done more installs then you think

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by lolo4life+Jan 17 2004, 04:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lolo4life @ Jan 17 2004, 04:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2004, 02:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Mark
@Jan 17 2004, 01:08 PM

I ran mine on the inside of my 61 out through factory firewall holes! :0
i just said that :angry:[/b][/quote]
whoa! we were typing damn near the same time!!!!!!

FREAKY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Originally posted by SIXONEFORLIFE@Jan 17 2004, 04:26 PM
WTF????????? :confused:
lolo4life is juicedin2years....hes a kid thats knows nothing...and shouldnt be taken as a car buff. so dont pay much Attention to him as he know nothing of what he clams to know or talk about

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Here are some of the pics...
http://www.backbumper.com/83cutty/01-17-04/

The views are of the passengers side, i was directly
under the gas tank when i took the pics... just to let
you know which side was pictured...

I'll be back in later, going back out to the garage and
tear down the drivers side rear... if you have any questions
i'll respond when i get back in later (3-4hrs or so).... i might
take some more pics too...