LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I finally crawled my fat ass under the car to run my airline, but it doesn't appear to be as easy as I thought it would be. Do you run the airline on the oustide of the x-frame or the inside (63 impala). I am having a difficult time getting in their along the frame to attach my air line with adel clamps. My exhaust runs really close to the frame. Is there a trick to this that I am missing? Inside poses a problem when you get back to the part where the drive shaft comes out.

- Brad

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That seemed like to best way to go, but there are a few spots along the rockers where it is not quite wide enough and the air line would be a smidge below the rockers. Also, I am concerned about rust problems if I go drilling in to the rockers. Is there something I can do to make sure that it doesn't rust where i drill holes?

P.S. Mark you are a fuck stick !!!

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by b_diddy1@Aug 1 2005, 01:49 PM
That seemed like to best way to go, but there are a few spots along the rockers where it is not quite wide enough and the air line would be a smidge below the rockers. Also, I am concerned about rust problems if I go drilling in to the rockers. Is there something I can do to make sure that it doesn't rust where i drill holes?

P.S. Mark you are a fuck stick !!!
[snapback]3522050[/snapback]​
Buy a can of 3M wax oil and spray it intothe floor braces etc. also before you stick the screw in to hold the clamps dip the tip of the screw in axle gease.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 1 2005, 12:49 AM
zip tie it to the exhauste
[snapback]3518417[/snapback]​
Would plastic trash bags work too? I have a bunch under my sink that I could use. I was thinking that I could tear them into strips and just wrap them around the exhaust pipes. Any suggestions?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
i bought clamps and self tapping screws, and routed them along the floors, right next to the rockers, one on each side of the car.

the hardest part is finding a safe place to run the lines from inside the trunk, and over the axle humps and shit.

I bought some of that clear hose from Home Depot and put over the hose anyplace it was questionable

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Aug 1 2005, 08:58 PM
i bought clamps and self tapping screws, and routed them along the floors, right next to the rockers, one on each side of the car.

the hardest part is finding a safe place to run the lines from inside the trunk, and over the axle humps and shit.

I bought some of that clear hose from Home Depot and put over the hose anyplace it was questionable
[snapback]3524135[/snapback]​
Dan,

I had initially thought to run it there, but I was concerned that there wasn't enough clearance. (Didn't want to sit the card down on the lines) I bought 3/4" self-tapping screws and nylon-coated adel clamps. I will go to Lowes and get some over-sized hose. I was actually looking at screwing them in to the back side of the rocker arm area. I was scared to screw them to the floor board because I didn't want to poke holes in to the floor. I take it, that is not going to be a problem?

I had another question too. For the rear bags, I assume that I will cut a hole thru the top pockets that holds the spring and then on up in to the trunk. This is the only way I can see how you would gain access to the top of the bag. Is this correct?

Will I also weld the top and bottom brackets in to place once I get them positioned in the rear?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Heres how the rear line dropped down. I tack welded my cups, but it's not necessary.

[attachmentid=231672]

For the fronts, I ran the hose along the rocker panel like so..

[attachmentid=231673]

Then once I got towards the front, I ran the line inside the frame, and then to the bag, so from the engine bay, you didnt see anything except a stock looking stud sticking up

[attachmentid=231678]

[attachmentid=231679]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts