LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I finally crawled my fat ass under the car to run my airline, but it doesn't appear to be as easy as I thought it would be. Do you run the airline on the oustide of the x-frame or the inside (63 impala). I am having a difficult time getting in their along the frame to attach my air line with adel clamps. My exhaust runs really close to the frame. Is there a trick to this that I am missing? Inside poses a problem when you get back to the part where the drive shaft comes out.

- Brad

· Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That seemed like to best way to go, but there are a few spots along the rockers where it is not quite wide enough and the air line would be a smidge below the rockers. Also, I am concerned about rust problems if I go drilling in to the rockers. Is there something I can do to make sure that it doesn't rust where i drill holes?

P.S. Mark you are a fuck stick !!!

· Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 1 2005, 12:49 AM
zip tie it to the exhauste
[snapback]3518417[/snapback]​
Would plastic trash bags work too? I have a bunch under my sink that I could use. I was thinking that I could tear them into strips and just wrap them around the exhaust pipes. Any suggestions?

· Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Aug 1 2005, 08:58 PM
i bought clamps and self tapping screws, and routed them along the floors, right next to the rockers, one on each side of the car.

the hardest part is finding a safe place to run the lines from inside the trunk, and over the axle humps and shit.

I bought some of that clear hose from Home Depot and put over the hose anyplace it was questionable
[snapback]3524135[/snapback]​
Dan,

I had initially thought to run it there, but I was concerned that there wasn't enough clearance. (Didn't want to sit the card down on the lines) I bought 3/4" self-tapping screws and nylon-coated adel clamps. I will go to Lowes and get some over-sized hose. I was actually looking at screwing them in to the back side of the rocker arm area. I was scared to screw them to the floor board because I didn't want to poke holes in to the floor. I take it, that is not going to be a problem?

I had another question too. For the rear bags, I assume that I will cut a hole thru the top pockets that holds the spring and then on up in to the trunk. This is the only way I can see how you would gain access to the top of the bag. Is this correct?

Will I also weld the top and bottom brackets in to place once I get them positioned in the rear?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.