LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen some cars with the cylinders installed on the rear when there are leaf springs there. but my leaf springs wont even budge 2 inches. so how can i run 10 or 12 inch cylinders in the rear without making a 4 link? i mean what ways can i modify the leaf to let me get those cylinders in there.

if i cant do that or there is alot of work involved ill jsut 4 link it.
but with the 4 link, it interferes with ur fuel tank space. i heard sombody mention a "FUEL CELL" but i dont even know what that is or how it works. so if somone could explain that it would be good. but yeah otherwise id have to change the location of my fuel tank.

cheers in advance for any help u mob offer ;)

O

·
0 Posts
A FEUL CELL IS BASICAALLY A A GAS TANKS

YOU Can mount them basically anywhere you have room,

how many leafs are you running, sounds like you never took the leaf spring apart? use the two leafs total

depending on your application, you might be able to buy a boltin 4 link, other wise oyu could easliuy make one, or have made

leaf springs sux, if you wanna do any three wheel, they break easily also, you might alosa consider 2 link setup

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have just my main leaf and the small helper leaf in my ranger. Almost 2 yrs now and I 3 a lot. Nothing broken yet.

What are you juicing?
It does sound like you didn't take any leafs out if it won't move much. Just leave the one main leaf and the small helper on the bottom.

·
Registered
712 Posts
i was running the main and the overload in my mazda for over two years as well but my leaf did break once. the truck was built to lay out so when i did three, which was often, it would really tweak the main leaf. a four link would have been the best way to go but i didn't want to mess with the gas tank and laying out was what i was going for anyway. the setup that i had was bridged with coiled over 10's.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Take out all the smaller leafs. Cut the back halfs of the long leafs off. Then if your gonna drive everyday install a Panhard bar. Otherwise you wont have to. It keeps the rear end from moving side to side. The change over from leafs to trailing arms cost $90 my way. And it works perfect. 10's will be the maximum in the rear cause the brake line wont go any further.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i tested it, i had all the leaves out except the big one. and i used a car jack in between the frame and the leaf and it wouldnt budge, it moved about 1-3 cm and then started creaking.

i had thought of making a 4 link using my existing leaf shackles as a mounting point, and this way, i can run 16 inch cylinders and my driveshaft will get pushed foreward about 4 inches.

Take out all the smaller leafs. Cut the back halfs of the long leafs off. Then if your gonna drive everyday install a Panhard bar. Otherwise you wont have to. It keeps the rear end from moving side to side. The change over from leafs to trailing arms cost $90 my way. And it works perfect. 10's will be the maximum in the rear cause the brake line wont go any further.
by pahard bar, do u mean just attach dome arms from the center of my differential to the chassis so they can swing and it will prevent side to side movement?

what is a 2 link? the car would be a daily, and i wanted to put at least 10" cylinders in the rear but i had prefered to put 14-16z.

where would i buy a fuel cell form and how much? i was thinking of jsut putting the fuel tank on top of my tray(its a flatbed) and then it solved but that isnt really the best idea.

cheers for the help ;)

·
Registered
525 Posts
You can find a fuel cell at summitracing.com or jcwhitney.com
I would just go with a 4 link.
I am not sure but if you go with a 2-link and panhard bar I don't think you can get those 14's in there. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
lowboy is this brian, from newmovement

·
Registered
525 Posts
yes but not newmovement any more. Not coming back out till I get the yellow truck fixed. My little Bro was driving it and I rearended him. Aint that some shit. Hit my own truck. Gotta get a tag on the orange one after I get a new bumper for it. Dragged it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts