LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an 86 Caprice Landau, and the bottoms of the doors are pretty rusty. Is there a way I can cut out the rust and weld in some door bottoms (maybe off of a delta 88?)
THe rust is just on the bottom where the weatherstrip is, not visible unless you open the door.

I'd like to have some option other than replacing the doors since they'll probably cost as mush as I paid for the whole car, not to mention be hard as shit to find.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by drucifer@Oct 17 2006, 10:39 AM~6385859
Just got an 86 Caprice Landau, and the bottoms of the doors are pretty rusty.  Is there a way I can cut out the rust and weld in some door bottoms (maybe off of a delta 88?)
THe rust is just on the bottom where the weatherstrip is, not visible unless you open the door.

I'd like to have some option other than replacing the doors since they'll probably cost as mush as I paid for the whole car, not to mention be hard as shit to find.
Thanks.
you need a new lower sing,inner and outer... sometimes trying to save money cost you more time and work...if you do the math of how much time youd spend its worth getting a new door

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, now the question is:

Does anyone have a door ( or two)?

I wonder if there are any GMs that are similar?

·
Registered
223 Posts
just type caprice doors for sale in your search you will find some that way or go buy yourself some tin at lowes and weld or rivet it in after you cut the bad part off..then cover the rivets or weld with a good bondo or fiberglass,and sand make sure no waves and prime...my dad did this to a quarter panel on a caddi he was helping me with looked great and all we had was a cutter and grinder,,,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts