LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Originally posted by Kartoon+Sep 25 2003, 09:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kartoon @ Sep 25 2003, 09:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--64_impalas@Sep 25 2003, 06:06 AM
cut the rust out with a nagle grinder and weld and new bit of metal in place then smooth it up and prime it then paint it
how easy is that to do?

how thick of metal?[/b][/quote]
fucked if i know lol , probly the same thickness as the frame/pannel , should be easy i guess , weldin the metal in could be tricky to keeep it straight , although ive never done it b4 , just seen it done and herd about it

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by sabre@Sep 25 2003, 06:19 AM
really depends on how far the rust has gone if its not deep sand it up and epoxy prime ..
i dont think its bad... just kinda flaky off. thats why i thought if i sand it down, then maybe use some of that rust stopper primer.... i think it might be good.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by dirty@Sep 25 2003, 01:21 PM
grind it down and use (por15) it works and it is cheep
yea i was looking at that cause someone posted a link to it a week or so ago.
have you used it? does it really work?

would it be good to do most of the undercarriage with it?

·
Registered
185 Posts
i have used it a few times. it works good as far as i know but time will tell it get hard as hell i hit it with a hammer and barley chiped and i use a 15 pund sleg with a solid steel handel so no lil hits going on in my shop. if you use it do not get it on your skin it will be on ya for weeks does not come off i brush it on i have sprayed it on 1 time but brushing it works good to very lil brush marks. i think it is $30 for a quart and that will go a long way.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
U kno what though if you are willing to spend a little money, and are really worried about rust you could just get it acid dipped.

·
Registered
343 Posts
cost me $225 to sandblast my entire frame and suspension and when i got it back it was all bare metal, no rust or old paint or road grime at all, all brand new metal, then i just painted it with epoxy paint and it is better than new, in all it cost me around 400 bucks for the paint and to get it blasted. and it is well worth it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts