LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering who makes them and if anyone has them what are they like as far as how they are they peiced

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Dec 4 2003, 05:53 PM
i was wondering who makes them and if anyone has them what are they like as far as how they are they peiced
Revell makes the older early 90s one, AMT makes the later model (Xtreme version was rereleased a bit ago). I think they're both nice kits, good detail.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Dec 4 2003, 09:33 PM
here's the rereleased xtreme kit...I tried to talk him into leaving the body kit off...but he just wouldn't listen :uh: lol

and the revell is a 3 n' 1 lowrider kit.

I did the c-notch:biggrin:

that is the one i am looking for your frame looks bitchin ;)

i had the lowrider one

i want to make that new one what year is it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by Naughty T@Dec 5 2003, 12:13 AM
That's what I'm looking for!!! Who makes that, and does it come in an Extended Cab???
there is one from Dub City that comes with the extended cab.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm lookin for 1 too! I wanna do a replica of a truck I always see around here... Where can u get those from?? like... online?????

·
Shortbus Pimp
3,320 Posts
check out ebay for the s-10s.. Theres always tons of them there.. As for the extended cab version.. NO plastic one has been made but perrys resin sells a resin version of the newer style. I dont know there website off the top of my head.. Later Rick S

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Dec 4 2003, 09:33 PM
here's the rereleased xtreme kit...I tried to talk him into leaving the body kit off...but he just wouldn't listen :uh: lol

and the revell is a 3 n' 1 lowrider kit.

I did the c-notch:biggrin:

that looks sick i was wondering it has a body kit as to what the parts that make it extream so could it be made as a normal dime

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Dec 5 2003, 11:26 AM
that looks sick i was wondering it has a body kit as to what the parts that make it extream so could it be made as a normal dime
It's just a standard cab s-10, but with the xtreme body kit. Actually, the kit wasn't attached when these pics were taken. I don't remember the year, but by looking at the grill i can tell you it is a 97' or younger.

and J, it is the AMT kit.

and JMG, I used strips of styrene stock to build the notch. Here's the one i did on my truck.

Here's another pic of that S-10 from when i built the notch.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Dec 5 2003, 03:01 PM

How does it look so good as chrome? WHat'd u use to do that?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Dec 5 2003, 03:14 PM
Looks more like stainless steel, or aluminum. I just used the shit in the can cuz that's what he wanted. It's not reflective at all.
it looked reflective from the pic, but yea I know what ur sayin

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe+Dec 5 2003, 05:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S10laynframe @ Dec 5 2003, 05:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd@Dec 5 2003, 03:14 PM
Looks more like stainless steel, or aluminum. I just used the shit in the can cuz that's what he wanted. It's not reflective at all.
it looked reflective from the pic, but yea I know what ur sayin[/b][/quote]
believe me, it's not. I'll take a pic of the spray stuff next to a chrome plated part, and you can really tell the difference.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Dec 5 2003, 03:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Dec 5 2003, 03:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2003, 05:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd
@Dec 5 2003, 03:14 PM

it looked reflective from the pic, but yea I know what ur sayin
believe me, it's not. I'll take a pic of the spray stuff next to a chrome plated part, and you can really tell the difference.[/b][/quote]
yea well I aint rich yet :) :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts