LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved 2 motors from prohopper 4 months ago , took them apart to compare the motors.The armature had some cardboard inside the windings (for protection against arcing). Just 4 days ago I ordered some more saco motors , these are stamped saco but the armature this time doesnt have the cardboard in the windings.Are they fakos or sacos?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by 1usamotorsports.com@Sep 19 2003, 07:13 PM~1082974
I recieved 2 motors from prohopper 4 months ago , took them apart to compare the motors.The armature had some cardboard  inside the windings (for protection against arcing). Just 4 days ago I ordered some more saco motors , these are stamped saco but the armature this time doesnt have  the cardboard in the windings.Are they fakos or sacos?

this what i found out...they make these motors in waves...some are current so are older some runs they call for diffrents things all made under the name saco but they arent made the same and some sit on shelves or in warehouses till we get to see them thats why there is suck a variamce in quality..from one saco to another..i have been gettin good ones i guess they last a few month at high voltage,,but its an electrical part its a crap shoot to begin with :cool:

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by 1usamotorsports.com@Sep 19 2003, 06:13 PM~1082974
I recieved 2 motors from prohopper 4 months ago , took them apart to compare the motors.The armature had some cardboard  inside the windings (for protection against arcing). Just 4 days ago I ordered some more saco motors , these are stamped saco but the armature this time doesnt have  the cardboard in the windings.Are they fakos or sacos?
As far as I've seen, all the motors are the same. I have had a motor that had a larger armature which just meant bigger brushes and contact point which may make the motor last a little longer. :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts