LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my driver side door is saggin like a bitch..what bolts do i loosin to adjust the angle of the hinges? Do i loosin the bolts on the door or the ones on the body?

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Jul 31 2003, 11:49 AM
my driver side door is saggin like a bitch..what bolts do i loosin to adjust the angle of the hinges? Do i loosin the bolts on the door or the ones on the body?
if i am not mistake when a door sags it is actually the hinge pins which need to be replaced---i could be wrong ---but i think that is it--------lates

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the car was in an accident and the fender pushed into the door and shifted where the hinges bolt on or bent them..i was wondering does it matter if i adjust the bolts on the car door or the ones on the body of the car...the door didn't like this until the accident..i just need to realign it.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea on the body is where the hinge moved..i think the hinge might be bent too..but i would think that just by moving the hinge a lil u could get the door to line up better. i talked to a body shop about it and they wanted too much money...only problem is gettin at them dayum bolts :(

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup and a jack to hold the door where i want it or get my lady out there...i'm thinkin of just loosining the bolts then jackin the door up just a lil with a jack then tightin it up and see if its where i want it and just keep doing that till its lined up...3 outta 4 people told me to do the bolts on the body so i'm gonna do those ones.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
u wanna adjust the bolts between the doors and hinges

just loosing the bolts and jacking up the door, and tight'ing up,,WILL NOT WORK,,,,,,u need to put washers between the door and hinge base

also,,,if its just your normal saggin door,,,the door pins are the problem
but,,if the car is juiced, or been in a accident,,,then most likely your frame and body are tweaked,,and will need washer/spacer help

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx for the responses...the body's not tweeked i'm sure of that.
U can see where the hinge moved. where it's bolted to the body it just barely moved so by loosin those bolts then lifting the door up it'll get the hinge back to where it should be and then just tighten it down ;)
the guy at the body shop told me the bolts on the body is where u adjust it.
i wish i woulda fixed this shit when i had the fender off lol

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Aug 2 2003, 05:35 PM
thanx for the responses...the body's not tweeked i'm sure of that.
U can see where the hinge moved. where it's bolted to the body it just barely moved so by loosin those bolts then lifting the door up it'll get the hinge back to where it should be and then just tighten it down ;)
the guy at the body shop told me the bolts on the body is where u adjust it.
i wish i woulda fixed this shit when i had the fender off lol
hmmmm?? ,,i not 100% sure what type of car u have,,but im guessing the regal in your sig,,,,,i just did some hinge and pin work on my 79 monte carlo, about 2 weeks ago,,,,and u couldnt adjust the hinges at the body (the holes in the hinges are small circles,,not slots)
so im just guess ours are the same

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just got done fixing the door. what i did was to losin up all the bolts where the hinges connect to the body then i was lifting up on the door and i could see the hinges moving back and forth...so then i got the jack and jacked the door up and tightened it and i had to do this a few times and now my door is lined up :cheesy:
i'm thinking it just moved the hinge enough to balence it out so the door is lined up better and u can see where the hinge meets the body that its been moved now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts