LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i don't know about all of you, but just because i'm not the most well off person, doesent mean that i want to cut corners when building my dream car. when i started to build my wagon i wanted to get it sandblasted, but i did not have 1,300 just sitting around. i already had my 26 gallon compressor. so i went to sears and they have a sandblasting kit, for 65.00. i bought the kit but the "hopper" as they call it was just a thin plastic container that holds the sand or meida, whatever you want to use. you can just buy the gun for 35.00 and that is all you need. you can buy the produvt to blast you're car at harbor freight or any other majoy paint store. or if you are on a real budget, you can go take sand from the beach. they both work, just wanted to pas on the info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Originally posted by 58wag@Nov 16 2008, 03:51 PM~12172777
so i don't know about all of you, but just because i'm not the most well off person, doesent mean that i want to cut corners when building my dream car. when i started to build my wagon i wanted to get it sandblasted, but i did not have 1,300 just sitting around. i already had my 26 gallon compressor. so i went to sears and they have a sandblasting kit, for 65.00. i bought the kit but the "hopper" as they call it was just a thin plastic container that holds the sand or meida, whatever you want to use. you can just buy the gun for 35.00 and that is all you need. you can buy the produvt to blast you're car at harbor freight or any other majoy paint store. or if you are on a real budget, you can go take sand from the beach. they both work, just wanted to pas on the info.
If everyone had this attitude, many more nice cars would be built on a budget. Keep it up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks homie ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,784 Posts
Originally posted by TheCaptain566@Nov 16 2008, 06:44 PM~12174014
If everyone had this attitude, many more nice cars would be built on a budget.  Keep it up!
X2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
Originally posted by 58wag@Nov 16 2008, 04:51 PM~12172777
so i don't know about all of you, but just because i'm not the most well off person, doesent mean that i want to cut corners when building my dream car. when i started to build my wagon i wanted to get it sandblasted, but i did not have 1,300 just sitting around. i already had my 26 gallon compressor. so i went to sears and they have a sandblasting kit, for 65.00. i bought the kit but the "hopper" as they call it was just a thin plastic container that holds the sand or meida, whatever you want to use. you can just buy the gun for 35.00 and that is all you need. you can buy the produvt to blast you're car at harbor freight or any other majoy paint store. or if you are on a real budget, you can go take sand from the beach. they both work, just wanted to pas on the info.
Daaam! thanx for the info. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,848 Posts
Originally posted by KAKALAK@Nov 16 2008, 11:18 PM~12175853
done the samething, but I use a siphon hose right out of the bag :biggrin:  :biggrin: Im cheaper than you :thumbsup:
i have a harbor freight blaster,one of the big ones.

i lay down a big tarp,and screen reuse it after wards ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
home depot 12.00 gun with 15 ft siphon hose....that's what I got haven't used it yet
 

·
The Great White Hype
Joined
·
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by pink63impala+Nov 30 2008, 09:31 PM~12296665-->
i have a harbor freight blaster,one of the big ones.

i lay down a big tarp,and  screen reuse it after wards ;)
[/b]
now thats cheap :0 :0 sand is like 4 bucks a bag, and your reusing it...... you beat me (no ****)
:0 :biggrin:
<!--QuoteBegin-69droptop
@Nov 30 2008, 10:16 PM~12297075
home depot 12.00 gun with 15 ft siphon hose....that's what I got haven't used it yet
thats where I got mine :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,848 Posts
Originally posted by KAKALAK@Dec 1 2008, 12:38 PM~12301573
now thats cheap :0  :0 sand is like 4 bucks a bag, and your reusing it...... you beat me (no ****)
:0  :biggrin:

thats where I got mine :biggrin:
i get mine from northern tool.10-12 $ a 50lb bag. that coarse 40ish grit is ruff stuff.they have 40 -80ish grit,or coarse and fine sand. i think its called black diamond?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,724 Posts
Black diamond is usually only $6-$7 at menards (midwests home depot).

If you have any trouble with your sandblaster this site will probably help. It also explains the different media and such
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a/Paint/Sand_Blaster.html

Biggest problem with blasters is keeping the moisture out. Here in the midwest in the summer we gotta use 2 dryers on the compressor or that shit gums up in there. And remember to wear a mask always, silicosis of the lungs doesnt sound fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,097 Posts
go to home depot and get play sand,much cheaper than anything ive found
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,724 Posts
play sand is cheaper but it breaks down after 1 use usually. Black diamond is stronger and holds its original size so you can reuse it many times if your not blasting lots of grease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by CoupeDevilleDTS@Dec 2 2008, 05:18 PM~12314009
play sand is cheaper but it breaks down after 1 use usually.  Black diamond is stronger and holds its original size so you can reuse it many times if your not blasting lots of grease.
shit worked real good for me but, it was cheap enuff to not have to reuse any of it :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,649 Posts
Chelo ,,,, If you have a "Cambells" do it yourself center around you - I found 100 pound bags of blasting quartz for $7 a bag !!!!!!!!!!!


Call around to your home depots & shit ,,, They may have something better than the black blast available at menards for $8 a 50 pound bag........
 
1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Top