LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a sandblaster for my car. Do you know where i can get one. And
what size is good. How much pressure is good enough to take off rust and paint.

thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, is that company in california too ?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Go to harborfreight.com and they should give a list of locations near you, if not you can try ordering it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot homie i went to the site i think i found what i wanted. i was looking at the 110 pound pressurized blaster. it says working psi is
60-125 . is that cool for rust on the frame and body.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
you need either a big ass compressor to keep up, or a lot of patience.

it makes a damn mess too... :angry:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alot of patience . doesnt it come right off with the blaster.
i have a pretty big compresser.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The compressor has to put out enough cfms to keep the Sandblaster pressurized at all times or else you will have to stop in the middle of your project from time to time to let the compressor catch up. Sandblasters usually work better when they have anywhere from 90-115 psi running through them. Yes the sandblaster eats the rust right off but you have to remember the nozzle on the blaster is very small so it can only do a little section at a time. I would not suggest blasting in a shop or garage cause that shit is very messy. It's also a good idea to get the blasting hood, sand ain't no joke. Peace... ;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by impala67@Oct 8 2003, 09:10 AM
The compressor has to put out enough cfms to keep the Sandblaster pressurized at all times or else you will have to stop in the middle of your project from time to time to let the compressor catch up. Sandblasters usually work better when they have anywhere from 90-115 psi running through them. Yes the sandblaster eats the rust right off but you have to remember the nozzle on the blaster is very small so it can only do a little section at a time. I would not suggest blasting in a shop or garage cause that shit is very messy. It's also a good idea to get the blasting hood, sand ain't no joke. Peace... ;)
thanks for the info.. . where should i blast my car?

·
Registered
80 Posts
outside, someplace were were you can make a mess and not get in trouble. i would suggest putting tarps down if it someplace that you dont own. you will not catch all the sand (actually you might catch very few) but atleast you can dump the rest and reuse. that sand will fly all over the place in everywhioch way.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
you can get tricky and buy walnut shell blasting media, that way the media will be biodegradable and not end up in our drinking water supply!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Outside is the best place to sandblast, Like someone said earlier you can lay a large tarp down to collect the sand and reuse. Here a 100 pound bag usually runs about $5 and it really depends on if it's worth resifting. The screens(telas) off the windows work great for sifting the used sand Depending on the size of media you use. Peace..

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I blasted my frame with one of those small ones. I went through alot of that white Home Depot sand and nozzles and the sand went every where. It did the job though. If your not going to reinforce the frame and you want it powdercoated, let the powdercoat shop do it. They have to regardless. If your doing the entire body, I recommend getting the next size up than the harbor freight one. I've seen some that have a pan that makes filling up alot easier and they close automatically when you pressurize it. Try Ebay!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by SkysDaLimit@Oct 9 2003, 07:40 PM
I blasted my frame with one of those small ones. I went through alot of that white Home Depot sand and nozzles and the sand went every where. It did the job though. If your not going to reinforce the frame and you want it powdercoated, let the powdercoat shop do it. They have to regardless. If your doing the entire body, I recommend getting the next size up than the harbor freight one. I've seen some that have a pan that makes filling up alot easier and they close automatically when you pressurize it. Try Ebay!
thanks for all your replays. their really helping me alot. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts