LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was removing the frame bolts yesterday on my car when i noticed the floorboards underneath my car where rusty, i just got done calling 3 diffrnet places for estimates on how much it would be the cheapest was 85.00 an hour, the second one was 135.00 an hour, the third 200.00 an hour, the top body does not seem to be rusty but i was thinking it would be better when it comes time to paint to have all of the old paint removed, for sure the whole underbody needs to blasted. What do you guys reccomend? :biggrin:

·
real husler
5,229 Posts
Originally posted by 91lacin@Oct 13 2006, 12:31 PM~6362837
i was removing the frame bolts yesterday on my car when i noticed the floorboards underneath my car where rusty,  i just got done calling 3 diffrnet places for estimates on how much it would be the cheapest was 85.00 an hour, the second one was 135.00 an hour, the third 200.00 an hour, the top body does not seem to be rusty but i was thinking it would be better when it comes time to paint to have all of the old paint removed, for sure the whole underbody needs to blasted.  What do you guys reccomend? :biggrin:
do floor,firewall trunk. strip paint with aircraft stripper or DAsand to metal. sandblast could warp the body panels if they arent carefull

·
Registered
573 Posts
TRY FINDING A SHOP THAT DOES MEDIA BLASTING, THAT'S PLASTIC PELLETS, IT WON'T TOUCH OR WARP THE METAL. BUT FOR THE RUST IT WON'T TOUCH, THEY WILL NEED TO USE GARNET , SAND TO REMOVE RUST.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by 91lacin@Oct 13 2006, 12:31 PM~6362837
i was removing the frame bolts yesterday on my car when i noticed the floorboards underneath my car where rusty,  i just got done calling 3 diffrnet places for estimates on how much it would be the cheapest was 85.00 an hour, the second one was 135.00 an hour, the third 200.00 an hour, the top body does not seem to be rusty but i was thinking it would be better when it comes time to paint to have all of the old paint removed, for sure the whole underbody needs to blasted.  What do you guys reccomend? :biggrin:
were r u located?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yesterday i went undeneath the car with a needle gun that i have for work it has like 17 needles that go back and forth and powered by air i went over all of the spots and the only place that caved in was at the front seat bolt mounts, and in the rear quarter panel innerwell one is very small about a size of a dime the one in the inner well was probably two inches long, now that i think of it i will probably just replace the rusted parts with some good metal from my donor 4 door, and paint the bottom with some of that Eastwood rust killer paint, to get my car sandblated i have to drive 100 miles, thats far! I will just do this cause it really aint as bad as i thought it was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts