LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:biggrin: :) ;) :biggrin:

Happy to announce that Santa Ana Unified District and Police have approved the show to be on a Saturday this year. Its a fact that planning events like this in S.A. take extra effort and convincing of officials, so we encourage and invite you to be here and represent for the kids of Santa Ana.

Recent cuts hit all schools, but Santa Ana seems to be always hit the hardest. Located in one of Santa Ana's historic barrios (Eastside), Roosevelt provides many services to the neighborhood like adult English, Latino Health Initiative, Gang Intervention, and about half a dozen after school programs. The show last year was featured front page on the OC Register in the article "Tough Times. Tough Neighborhood."

100 percent of the money goes to the kids in ways they see directly. :0

We always appreciate the support we get from local businesses that are down for the schools. And of course the support we get from the car clubs and individual riders that show up here. Trust me, the kids know the clubs by name now.:biggrin:

We're keeping the registration at $5.00 bucks for bikes, cars, trucks and motorcycles. You decide if you want to donate more to the school. ;)

We'll give trophies again, and the food will be cooked up by the moms in the apartments and on site. Real home-cooked Mexican food and BBQ.

This is THE event for this neighborhood. If you've been here then you know. If you haven't been able to make it here in the past- you're invited and please feel welcome and appreciated. Come over to our school and make friends in the community. Bring the family and your easy -ups. Please leave the alcohol and personal BBQ's at home.

We'll get a flyer up soon with more info, but save the date.

Roosevelt Elementary School
501 Halladay
Santa Ana, CA 92701

Major cross streets are First and Standard (School is kind of deep in the neighborhood and easy to miss.)

Hope you can make it! :)

Your participation positively impacts your community!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
TTT FOR OC SHOWS N EVENTS</span> TTT FOR THE KIDS</span>

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by thug_till_i_die+Jan 25 2010, 11:33 PM~16413009-->
now thats wut im talkin bout couldnt get there last year but this year its on like donkey kong with new paint in the works SANTA ANA FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-supreme82
@Jan 26 2010, 12:36 AM~16413414
TTT FOR OC SHOWS N EVENTS</span> TTT FOR THE KIDS</span>
:cool:

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
MIDNIGHT VISION CC WILL B THEIR.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Originally posted by debo67ss@Jan 26 2010, 10:16 PM~16423456
MIDNIGHT VISION CC WILL B THEIR..  :biggrin:
YES SIR !!!!!!!!!!! WUT UP D ANA CW PLANET

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by 66wita6+Jan 26 2010, 08:57 PM~16423195-->
[/b]
:wave:

Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2010, 09:16 PM~16423456
MIDNIGHT VISION CC WILL B THEIR..  :biggrin:
Thanks for the support every year :biggrin:

Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2010, 10:01 PM~16424121
YES SIR !!!!!!!!!!! WUT UP D ANA CW PLANET
:wave:

<!--QuoteBegin-thug_till_i_die
@Jan 27 2010, 04:35 PM~16431651
TTT
:)

The School was burgalized during the summer, and our girl's after school program project bike was stolen among other stuff. :( We're gonna use some of the funds raised to get another bike frame and parts for another after school program build.

We also are hoping to earn enough money to be able to have a cement handball wall installed for the playground. Most of the schools in Santa Ana have one except us, they're cool for the kids at recess. Thanks for your support. :)

·
Registered
861 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Those of you who were with us from the beginning know that our show gets better every year, and that's mainly due to all of you who have helped us!!! We thank you for all of the support you have shown our cause - our kids!!!! Hope to see you here again on May 1!!!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
:yes: :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
COOL I'LL BE THERE HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE GO TO ONE SINCE THEY BEEN ON FRIDAY NIGHTS N I DON'T GET OFF WORK TILL 8 .THE CUTS TO SCHOOLS ARE DEEP I KNOW CAUSE I WORK FOR ONE :biggrin:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Originally posted by rbjazzjoint@Jan 28 2010, 05:08 PM~16443014
Those of you who were with us from the beginning know that our show gets better every year, and that's mainly due to all of you who have helped us!!!  We thank you for all of the support you have shown our cause - our kids!!!!  Hope to see you here again on May 1!!!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by jestersixfour+Jan 28 2010, 08:26 PM~16445673-->
:biggrin:
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-classic53
@Jan 28 2010, 08:30 PM~16445723
COOL I'LL BE THERE HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE GO  TO ONE SINCE THEY BEEN ON FRIDAY NIGHTS N I DON'T GET OFF WORK TILL 8 .THE CUTS TO SCHOOLS ARE DEEP I KNOW CAUSE I WORK FOR ONE  :biggrin:

:yessad: :tears:

Thanks for the support!

1 - 20 of 272 Posts