LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Originally posted by 84caddy@Dec 17 2003, 03:45 PM
not sure if this was covered before cause the search is still off, but whats the deal with satellite radio - can you get actual radio stations (like Power106 LA) or is it just music programs (like the 800's on direcTV)

anyone know?????
like 800's i belive . But tons of them,

·
Registered
49 Posts
its like 800's but they have all the new shit and other shit you wont here on the radio. you can either go with sirius or xm. they come with about 35 commercial free channels, sports and even playboy channel. i work at circuit city and have installed tons and ill tell you this is that you wont have a problem getting signal anywhere and we also havent had anyone come in complaining about it either. its an awesome thing to have and really reliable. Id recommend getting it

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by swayed and layed@Dec 18 2003, 01:23 AM
its like 800's but they have all the new shit and other shit you wont here on the radio. you can either go with sirius or xm. they come with about 35 commercial free channels, sports and even playboy channel. i work at circuit city and have installed tons and ill tell you this is that you wont have a problem getting signal anywhere and we also havent had anyone come in complaining about it either. its an awesome thing to have and really reliable. Id recommend getting it
sounds cool - but can you get actual AM/FM radio stations (I travel tons for my job and alot of it is rural with little reception)

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Depends on how you subscribe. Local stations I get are like morning talk radio in Cali...think its that TV show w/ the hot chick. When you want local AM/FM just switch to your normal radio. Not too big of a deal. The stations are really good. They usually have the newest music out...sometimes before it hits normal radio. Only times I dont get signals are when I go underpasses or through tunnels....its cuts out. You learn to not notice it after a while :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 3 thumbs up from me. :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
i have had sirius for over a year, and love it. i get 60 commercial free channels, 40 with commercials.......they cover most types of music, many with 5 or 6 channels per genre. its 12.95 a month, and only 6.95 for additional subscriptions, well worth the money for me. i look at it as the price of buying one cd per month. you should be able to still get all of your local stations, on my cd player you just change sources, like it goes from am-fm/cd player/sirius/aux.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
?big question? wut company is better? xm or sirius

·
Registered
807 Posts
I think its pretty cool, but I cant justify spending $12+ a month for some sort of radio when I can just as easily spend $0.00 and hear everything I want to. Just a thought.....

On that note, I prefered the sirius over xm. XM seemed to have more of a "mainstrem" feel to it. Like other stuff you are already hearing on the radio. Sirius on the other hand had some cool stations that played some things I'd never heard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts