LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2GUNZ
Joined
·
28,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I was just about to get out of my car which was parked outside of the Wing House, and of course while I was reaching for my pull disconnect the switch box goes sliding out my lap. I was like in one of those movies when everything slows down and someone is yelling NOOOOOOOO!!! Well I had just two extensions on the switch box for Front and Back, and the box lands upside down depressing the Front and Back toggles up. Well the car bunny hops off the ground, and I can hear some kid go COOOOL!! Man that shit scared the shit out our of me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
that shit used to happen to me all the time. I would bend over to get something out of the glove box and accidently hit the switches and throw that bitch all over the place.

Now every time I make a box I always put a key on the box to turn it off and on. That way, even if the ground is on, and you hit the switch nothing will happen.

Also helps if your driving on the highway and you have your homies with you. You won't have to worry about any accidents (seen this happen with a blazer)

Just my .02

Later
TC
 

·
2GUNZ
Joined
·
28,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by tcvaldez@Oct 6 2003, 12:33 PM
that shit used to happen to me all the time. I would bend over to get something out of the glove box and accidently hit the switches and throw that bitch all over the place.

Now every time I make a box I always put a key on the box to turn it off and on. That way, even if the ground is on, and you hit the switch nothing will happen.

Also helps if your driving on the highway and you have your homies with you. You won't have to worry about any accidents (seen this happen with a blazer)

Just my .02

Later
TC
Thanks for the info. Yeah I am doing some Horn drivers across the dash, and we are gonna put the switches between the drivers with a key switch to turn that shit off and on. It is cool to see that I am not the only one that has had this problem.
 

·
Hot Head President
Joined
·
5,431 Posts
At least the switch box didnt come back and hit you in the face :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
 

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
Joined
·
19,175 Posts
Mount four on the dash...then all you have to worry about is hitting it with your knee everytime you get in the car!!! hahaha :cheesy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by big pimpin@Oct 6 2003, 02:18 PM
Mount four on the dash...then all you have to worry about is hitting it with your knee everytime you get in the car!!! hahaha :cheesy:
Switchbox!!?? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :biggrin:
 

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
Joined
·
19,175 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57+Oct 6 2003, 01:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (timdog57 @ Oct 6 2003, 01:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--big pimpin@Oct 6 2003, 02:18 PM
Mount four on the dash...then all you have to worry about is hitting it with your knee everytime you get in the car!!!  hahaha  :cheesy:
Switchbox!!?? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
No No Timmay!!! You know whats up.....mount em IN the dash..no box. :cool: Silly goose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,780 Posts
yeah ive done this, a bunch of times, but my car dumped passangers side, and hit my friend in his nose ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,572 Posts
One time I was rollen my Cutty & I had my 10 switch box sitten on the pas. seast I was rollen preety fast when this lady cut me off & I had to slam on my breaks. My Box slid off the seat & landed upside down on the floor & my car went crazy so I slamed on the breaks again & my Cutty started spinning doen 360's out of control in the middle of the innersection I was lucky I didnt tare some shit up But Thats the first time I lost total control of a car. After that I started pullen the QD B-4 I took off but the 10 Box is coming out ASAP & a panel will be going in
 

·
Hot Head President
Joined
·
5,431 Posts
Panels are the way to go..4 or 5 switch panels :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by big pimpin+Oct 6 2003, 02:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (big pimpin @ Oct 6 2003, 02:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2003, 01:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--big pimpin
@Oct 6 2003, 02:18 PM
Mount four on the dash...then all you have to worry about is hitting it with your knee everytime you get in the car!!!  hahaha  :cheesy:

Switchbox!!?? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :biggrin:
No No Timmay!!! You know whats up.....mount em IN the dash..no box. :cool: Silly goose.[/b][/quote]
Yeah like this!! :biggrin: ;)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,528 Posts
i have a switch panel with 4 switches..then i have the box with the key switch and it sits in the trunk for car dancing
 

·
2GUNZ
Joined
·
28,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Shit that is too close for me, I am 6'5", and I need elbow room. I can guarentee that you put those switches by my elbow. My 66 would look like the Radical Dancer: Voodoo :biggrin:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top