LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever happen to you i was pulling my 69 out the garage i knew i should not of hit the switch low batteries.... so my rear seloniods stuck together lifting up the rear and i jumped out and pulled the disconnect shocked the shit out of me pump the pump still kept running....then motor caught fire then i took axe thank god close by and choped the main lead to the seloniods.......fuck i must have something grounding really bad somewhere.......i allways heard horror storys about that happening.....and now it happened.....

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
never happened to me :uh:

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Yeah that happened to me a couple time with my first ride. What kind of disconnect do you have? Was it bare metal or was it exposed or something? At least everything is ok and the only things you have to replace is that wire and a motor....................not your car.

Last edited by allcoupedup at Oct 25 2003, 10:05 AM

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** I have had that happen to me once--- That was when i went thru 6 of them presto blocks in a week & Then I thought it was in the switch box ( i saw it sparking inside) -- so i smashed it on the ground .... :0 I found it out to be a bad battery & it was causing the solenoid to stick open... Then after I fixed all tha stuff it had a problem with the motor ... some reason it grounded out or ??? & it would run as soon as I connected the ground back together ....I replaced the motor & it was fine after that........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts