LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:biggrin: i need to charge my 6 batts, how do i go about doing this with the charger? i just got the charger, and i just wanna make sure i dont blow shit up, lmk thanks!

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by g-body@Oct 20 2006, 02:59 AM~6406260
:biggrin: i need to charge my 6 batts, how do i go about doing this with the charger? i just got the charger, and i just wanna make sure i dont blow shit up, lmk thanks!
heres a pic of my setup, how would i go about charging up all the batts?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
hook to - to your ground post, and the + to positive of the battery that feeds your front pump. set the charger to 72 volts and turn it on.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Oct 27 2006, 06:05 PM~6458871
hook to - to your ground post, and the + to positive of the battery that feeds your front pump.  set the charger to 72 volts and turn it on.
:uh: know it all

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
i think i should rotate my batts tell me if i am correct or whats up

starting from ground
batt 1 -11 volts
2 - 13 volts
3 -14 volts
4,5,6, say 15

thats after charging ....

i'm gonna check them tommorrow and see if they equalize

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Oct 28 2006, 01:05 AM~6458871
hook to - to your ground post, and the + to positive of the battery that feeds your front pump.  set the charger to 72 volts and turn it on.
if you do that, you will overcharce the both battaries on top right. the other 4 are quicker discharged, because you use them for all pumps and the two on the right top only for the front pumps.

the only think you can do is to buy a 24v charger and charge two battaries at the same time, so no of your battaries will be overcharged.

never charge battaries with different load or capacities at the same time!!!

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by impala64lowrider@Oct 28 2006, 06:37 AM~6461597
if you do that, you will overcharce the both battaries on top right. the other 4 are quicker discharged, because you use them for all pumps and the two on the right top only for the front pumps.

the only think you can do is to buy a 24v charger and charge two battaries at the same time, so no of your battaries will be overcharged.

never charge battaries with different load or capacities at the same time!!!
good point, and in theory it's correct. I wonder how it plays out in real life though...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Oct 28 2006, 04:31 PM~6461930
good point, and in theory it's correct.  I wonder how it plays out in real life though...

i can tell you how it goes in real life:
you want to see what happen??? hit only the switches of the back pumps until they don't move and then charge all battaries. you will overcharge the two battaries the whole time, because they are already full. they start sulfating, maby they get really hot and you got a really big mess in your trunk. that happen even if you have a automatic charger. that stops untill ALL battaries are full!

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
that sounds logical ... i spent yesterday checking batts ... the first two said charge more ... the third batt tested good one test bad the next...and kept running the results good bad.. gonna try charging by it self and see if i can save it ...and 456 and six had lots of out put ...

i wish we had this talk sooner

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Originally posted by ice64berg@Oct 29 2006, 06:32 PM~6466472
that sounds logical ... i spent yesterday checking batts ... the first two said charge more ... the third batt tested good one test bad the next...and kept running the results good bad.. gonna try charging by it self and see if i can save it ...and 456 and six had lots of out put ...

i wish we had this talk sooner
i'm sorry to hear that.

expensive charger tries to repair the battaries with high current shocks. buy a 24v charger and charge 2 battaries at the same time in the future and be sure to buy one with automatic turn off after the battaries are full!!! your battaries will last for over 10 years, if you won't discharge them untill they are completely empty!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts