LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the year codes on the Serial Numbers? Which ones are older? The ones with the duck tail chain guard or the wrap around chain guard? Are there any in particular that are worth more than others?

I have a couple myself that I'm thinking of restoring but I dont want to restore one that's worth more unrestored ya know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,349 Posts
all i know is that the ones with the wrap around chain guard started in 1970, thats what i was told and they have the big fender also.69 and below have the small fender and duck tail fender. i may be wrong but thats just what i was told. i prefer the 69 and below lil tigers. but both styles are nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by SUPREME69@Aug 16 2006, 10:37 PM~5980576
all i know is that the ones with the wrap around chain guard started in 1970, thats what i was told and they have the big fender also.69 and below have the small fender and duck tail fender. i may be wrong but thats just what i was told. i prefer the 69 and below lil tigers. but both styles are nice.
Cool. What year did they start making them? Did they make them in the 80s too?

Basically the duck tail chain guard ones are older then?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
ey Raul how's it going with your Tiger BTW?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48,347 Posts
Originally posted by str8 outta denmark@Aug 16 2006, 11:49 AM~5980672
ey Raul how's it going with your Tiger BTW?
I need to work on it. I had a design but im not sure what Im going to do to it.

I just read that Lil tigers were introduced in 1967 and they stopped making them in 1980 but thats all I found out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Aug 16 2006, 09:52 PM~5980695
I need to work on it. I had a design but im not sure what Im going to do to it.

I just read that Lil tigers were introduced in 1967 and they stopped making them in 1980 but thats all I found out.
:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
2 Members: TonyO, schwinn1966

:wave: Whatup man? I know you're like the Pixie king but what do you know about Lil Tigers? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,349 Posts
Originally posted by TonyO+Aug 16 2006, 12:40 PM~5980605-->
Cool.  What year did they start making them?  Did they make them in the 80s too?

Basically the duck tail chain guard ones are older then?
[/b]
correct
Originally posted by socios b.c. [email protected] 16 2006, 12:42 PM~5980621
I dont know much about them. I think that the serial number is on the fork somewhere? That or it would be on the crank.
when i took my lil girls apart the serial numbers were on the crank

<!--QuoteBegin-socios b.c. prez
@Aug 16 2006, 12:52 PM~5980695
I need to work on it. I had a design but im not sure what Im going to do to it.

I just read that Lil tigers were introduced in 1967 and they stopped making them in 1980 but thats all I found out.
i didnt know they started making them in 67, thats good to know well that means my girls tiger is the first year. :cool:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top