LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Dag and Mad, I have always wondered what the differences were between the ertl and revell 70's??? I don't have this kit in plastic, but I do have the testors white metal kit.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
well normally in general, Revell is going to give you a nicer kit most of the time anyways. lol
But the one i was reffering to is the blue 3in1 kit. you can build it stock like the AMT you are seeing there, you can build it "street" which is a little more built-up, and you can build it "drag" which is a little wilder yet.

so you are also getting more choices and options for the same money along with the quality. then if you build it stock you have lots of cool parts left over to do something else with or sell to me at a good price :biggrin: (wink) ;) (wink) ;)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Sep 26 2003, 04:13 PM
well normally in general, Revell is going to give you a nicer kit most of the time anyways. lol
But the one i was reffering to is the blue 3in1 kit. you can build it stock like the AMT you are seeing there, you can build it "street" which is a little more built-up, and you can build it "drag" which is a little wilder yet.

so you are also getting more choices and options for the same money along with the quality. then if you build it stock you have lots of cool parts left over to do something else with or sell to me at a good price :biggrin: (wink) ;) (wink) ;)
Yeah I agree the AMT is a so so kit , these have never been my favorites anyhow and Pablo said he wanted one
Mad most of the time but not all the time Revell has the better kit, but some like the Cudas suck - molded in exhaust and crap
AMT has a few really good ones like the 62 Pontiac Catalina Custom and the Chrysler 300C Custom the 68 El Camino is really nice and I would say a better representation of the Chevelle type body........
I better shut up now

PM Pablo

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Sep 26 2003, 08:40 PM
Isn't the Revell one the old monogram kit? a 1/24th? I think Revell made a "Wheels of Fire" snap kit too.

K. Diaz
yup the Revell is a re issue. i built all of them including the WOF kit the best one to get is the revell version it builds easier

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yea, Dag, just that style i was looking for! Thanks for diggin that up for me man! The reason I was interested in one was becasue i seen in one LRM, it was a blue chevelle, with bad ass pinstriping and patterns on it, im not sure, it might of been from ELITE, but not for sure, but i love it. I KNOW I KNOW, they are rods, lol, but hey ill buy two and do one rod and one lowrider, lol. Plus a teacher at my school has a pretty bad ass chevelle parked in the middle of the school, lol. It dark blue with black thick striped running down kinda like the viper has. Pretty bad ass lookin i think! :cheesy: Thanks again DAG!, how much does that kit run? Peace.

-Pablo

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by scrapin2low@Sep 27 2003, 06:18 AM
AHHHH YES, THAT IS IT!!!!! For some reason or another i love that car, just the grille is whats different from the one dag showed :(  But, i love that chevelle! ;)
Pablo, the one Dag put up is a 70 and the one in that pic and in the magazine is a 71 thats why the grill, headlights, bumper, turnsignals, fenders, rear bumper, tailights, ect. is differant.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by scrapin2low@Sep 26 2003, 09:37 PM
Yea, Dag, just that style i was looking for! Thanks for diggin that up for me man! The reason I was interested in one was becasue i seen in one LRM, it was a blue chevelle, with bad ass pinstriping and patterns on it, im not sure, it might of been from ELITE, but not for sure, but i love it. I KNOW I KNOW, they are rods, lol, but hey ill buy two and do one rod and one lowrider, lol. Plus a teacher at my school has a pretty bad ass chevelle parked in the middle of the school, lol. It dark blue with black thick striped running down kinda like the viper has. Pretty bad ass lookin i think! :cheesy: Thanks again DAG!, how much does that kit run? Peace.

-Pablo
HEy Pablo its yours if you want it, its missing the tires. PM me your address, Pablo that is I am not offering this to anyone else so don't bother.
Oh yeah this kit comes with white and black SS stripes like your teachers has
Peace , Dag

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by scrapin2low@Sep 29 2003, 12:02 PM
Dag is a great guy, you guys ;)  Thanks again Dag!

-Pablo
i wouldnt know... been trying to get him to bust out with spare parts for 2 months now... i even offered cash$$$ :tears:

;) lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts