LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my junk yard dog that started life as a dodge ram truck yes ram truck :biggrin: then it was dropped past the doors, added a ferrari 612 fenders, ram bumper with supra widemouth and supra rear quaters grafted to the bedsides......then the top was chopped reshaped and narrowed.....it has reshaped doors a clear roof and all custom glass ........its powered by a porsche twin turbo .....recaro seats flocked and porsche inner cage with a one off dash with ferarri cluster ..................................it was originally a front engine viper v10 now its a mid engine SUPER TRUCK :cool:

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
DAMN!!! LOT OF WORK RIGHT THEIR :biggrin: :biggrin: LOOKS GOOD HOMIE :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
I'm going to be critically honest, so I hope you don't take it the wrong way.

You should have tried to tape off the red line, instead of free-handing it. It looks okay, but it's a little sloppy.

The reason I am pointing this out, is because the rest of the model is AMAZING! that red line kinda drags the rest of the build down.

The fabrication, body-work, and the whole concept of the build is outstanding!!! Just like the rest of your builds, it shows alot of skills and creativity! In my opinion though, the sloppiness of the red stripe detracts from an otherwise outstanding build.

Like I said, I hope you don't think I'm hating, because I'm not. I've seen your other builds, so I know you can do some amazing graphic work, but a line like that requires some preperation, and some taping off to get straighter lines.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I agree with Pokey, the build is fantasic! amasing fab work done here!! red line needs to be fixed,

Also, you need to open 1 tpoic for ALL your builds instead of opening a new topic everytime you start something.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Originally posted by Linc@Jan 4 2009, 05:17 PM~12603965
I agree with Pokey, the build is fantasic! amasing fab work done here!!  red line needs to be fixed,

Also, you need to open 1 topic for ALL your builds instead of opening a new topic everytime you start something.
I don't think the one-thread thing should be a requirement. If he wants to start a new thread for each build, let him. Sure, due to the format of this forum, keeping all your builds in one thread keeps the forum nice and tidy, but if people want to start a thread for each build, I don't see a problem with it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Pokey@Jan 4 2009, 05:12 PM~12603916
I'm going to be critically honest, so I hope you don't take it the wrong way.

You should have tried to tape off the red line, instead of free-handing it. It looks okay, but it's a little sloppy.

The reason I am pointing this out, is because the rest of the model is AMAZING! that red line kinda drags the rest of the build down.

The fabrication, body-work, and the whole concept of the build is outstanding!!! Just like the rest of your builds, it shows alot of skills and creativity! In my opinion though, the sloppiness of the red stripe detracts from an otherwise outstanding build.

Like I said, I hope you don't think I'm hating, because I'm not. I've seen your other builds, so I know you can do some amazing graphic work, but a line like that requires some preperation, and some taping off to get straighter lines.

i totally agree the red stripe kinda was a last minute add on to go with the interior and is sloppy and was free hand after i had cleared it was gonna fix it but i said ta hell with it i was just glad i finished it rather the scrapping it for the 3rd time :biggrin: .....i was thinking of coming in and doing a real fine silver stripe on the top and bottom of it to clean it up..........what do yall use for fine lines i heard gel pens????? all the paint brushes i get are junk :angry: :cool:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Linc@Jan 4 2009, 05:17 PM~12603965
I agree with Pokey, the build is fantasic! amasing fab work done here!!  red line needs to be fixed,

Also, you need to open 1 tpoic for ALL your builds instead of opening a new topic everytime you start something.
i have all of them in my NO WIRES thread just figured id have each one a moment to shine then fade off but i can limit it to one thread if needed ;)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by kykustoms@Jan 4 2009, 05:45 PM~12604242
i like the concept and the body work is nice and i really like the glass roof
thanks one of my favorite parts of the build :cheesy:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by phat97yukon@Jan 4 2009, 07:54 PM~12605827
damn dude, thats some prettty wild body work ya got there... how long did it take ya to do it all ??
thanks its been tossed around for a few months i have a closet full of started projects that only few end up finished the rest will end up as parts just due to lack of interest in certain projects :cool:

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Originally posted by INTHABLOOD@Jan 4 2009, 08:09 PM~12606028
thanks its been tossed around for a few months i have a closet full of started projects that only few end up finished the rest will end up as parts just due to lack of interest in certain projects :cool:
Damn, now where have I heard THAT before?

Oh yeah, sounds like one of the closets in my house. I've got about 30 started projects, and only about half of them will ever get finished.

·
FUCK MICHIGAN
11,437 Posts
Dammit man, that thing is really bad ass! You did a great job with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts