LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I convert my air ride to a scuba tank what do I need apart from the tank itself?

Would normal valves take that pressure or do I need it reduced before it gets that far?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So is the regulator just a standard scuba one or is there a specific air ride one I need to get?

·
Registered
558 Posts
standard yoke or din regulator must be fully adjustable usually by ways of allen key, rig up some gauges to it and set it at desired psi and away you go

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The scuba shop didn't have any regulators that looked like they would work, would I be better looking at an air compressor store?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Originally posted by osolow@Dec 19 2003, 10:36 PM
The scuba shop didn't have any regulators that looked like they would work, would I be better looking at an air compressor store?
around here we hit the welding shops for the regulator and go scuba tank regulatorto the rgeular tank if you are doing scuba and compressor for back-up almost forgot also put a check-valve on your comp. so you do not get back pressure from the tank

Last edited by hopn78regal at Dec 19 2003, 10:44 PM

·
Registered
8 Posts
all you gotta do is go to a scuba shop and pick out a tank, next tell the guy you need a regulator that can be adjusted to spit out 125-150 psi. they can fill it up with just staright compressed air. not nitrogen or oxygen or another crap that people say. put them together and go to napa to get the adapter to plug 3/8 or similiar lines into the regulator, mount the tank, hook the lines to the solenoids and your ready to go. if you want you can still sport the old school compressors just t them into the lines in case your tank runs dry but you will be good to go for a long time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts