LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any companies out there that sell different color seat belts and shit? Or is it easy enough to just dye them? I heard the nylon doesn't take the dye well.

I've got brown belts in my caddy and want to go orange (to match the car) or white

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I have a set of nos 1964 impala front seat belts, they are kinda of a lite cream color, I believe the name is fawn. Mint in the box. Because of the color they woudl easily accept any color dye ;) ;) ;) ;)

Not sure what car you guys are looking for, but of course mine would probably only look right in an impala.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by OneStopImpalaShop@Nov 5 2003, 11:07 AM
I have a set of nos 1964 impala front seat belts, they are kinda of a lite cream color, I believe the name is fawn. Mint in the box. Because of the color they woudl easily accept any color dye ;) ;) ;) ;)

Not sure what car you guys are looking for, but of course mine would probably only look right in an impala.
yeah those would be nice to dye but...yeah they should stay in an impala.

I've got an 84 Coupe DeVille, the belts are like a dark shit brown....I don't even know if I can dye them

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by 84caddy@Nov 5 2003, 11:28 AM
I thought the ulp shops had the belt material in basic colors - you just gotta get em stiched in??? :dunno:
Could be I've never really checked....sound's like to much work to go get the material then take it to someone to get them stiched, man there must be some company out there that sells these already done & in any color you want...

if not I'm startin up my own seatbelt company.... :0

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
JC Whitney has a lot of different colors

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by ..LaZt oNe LeFt..@Nov 5 2003, 05:05 PM
give thees boys a call and see if they can fix you up...

let us know wut happens

http://ssnake-oyl.com/
allright I called these folks and here's the shit....

$ 115 per retractor - $ 115X4= $460.00
$ 135 per buckle - $ 135X4= $540.00
$ 9 per coloured piece $ 9X8= $ 72.00

this includes restich'n chrome'n etc...unless I calculated this wrong or heard wrong or some shit, $1,072 to get some seatbelts done seems way the fuck off... :0 somebody else call and see what they say....

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Originally posted by Duppy+Nov 7 2003, 12:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Duppy @ Nov 7 2003, 12:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--..LaZt oNe LeFt..@Nov 5 2003, 05:05 PM
give thees boys a call and see if they can fix you up...

let us know wut happens

http://ssnake-oyl.com/
allright I called these folks and here's the shit....

$ 115 per retractor - $ 115X4= $460.00
$ 135 per buckle - $ 135X4= $540.00
$ 9 per coloured piece $ 9X8= $ 72.00

this includes restich'n chrome'n etc...unless I calculated this wrong or heard wrong or some shit, $1,072 to get some seatbelts done seems way the fuck off... :0 somebody else call and see what they say....[/b][/quote]
wtf..

damn

fuck all that..

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
YOU CANNOT DYE SEATBELTS!! the nylon will not hold the dye. it will come off on your clothes and your seats. jc whitney sells basic colors. ive looked everywhere and cant find too many colors. theres been a couple posts on this. if anyone does find orange or green make sure you post it up cuz i need both ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts