LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
yeh the dude posted step by step in here its phat just read how he did it i have leftover 3/16 inch steel i might try to do one with a 16 gauge back plate im not sure how it will turn out the anyway this dude deseves his props its good ive done the button tuck and your local fabric store will sell cover buttons you just cut the fabric wrap it around the top of the button and snap in together its quick and easy my local fabric store is called jo-ann's fabrics just in case they are a nation wide retailer you will know

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Originally posted by bncrzy+Jul 27 2003, 03:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bncrzy @ Jul 27 2003, 03:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Joost....@Jul 27 2003, 07:03 AM
its a custombuild chair i made a few months ago.....
did u finish it yet?[/b][/quote]

nope, still have to do a little bit of wrinkled pleat on the front, then itll be done.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Originally posted by Joost....+Jul 27 2003, 08:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joost.... @ Jul 27 2003, 08:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 03:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Joost....
@Jul 27 2003, 07:03 AM

did u finish it yet?
nope, still have to do a little bit of wrinkled pleat on the front, then itll be done.[/b][/quote]
i am going to start mine soon. i am not looking foward to it, but it will be worth it.

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Originally posted by bncrzy+Jul 27 2003, 04:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bncrzy @ Jul 27 2003, 04:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 03:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Joost....
@Jul 27 2003, 07:03 AM

did u finish it yet?

nope, still have to do a little bit of wrinkled pleat on the front, then itll be done.
i am going to start mine soon. i am not looking foward to it, but it will be worth it.[/b][/quote]

yeah, definitly that last thing, here`s another valuable tip:

always start building from back to front. First do the rearseats, then the dash, and then the chairs, else you`ll end up with no room for a proper rearseat, trust me :)

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I just sold a set just like those for $50 with the swivel units

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
i made my seats with door skin cover from home depot (very thin piece of wood), take wood cut out pattern soak in water till it bends 30 min -1 hour ,will dry hard with no flex i used particle board for the bottom cut out u shape pattern while the door skin is wet and flexible screw into particle board (bottom edges) will goaround round bend with out breaking let dry for a day attach foam and matterial. swivel u can go to boat store or find late70 monte carlo swivel seat. u need the swivel part. learned wood bending from person that used to do some award winning interiors.i used it on my own ride. my little brother used the boat seat swivels in his car have to make your own lock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts