LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
YEP, THEY FUCKING SUCK, STREET SWEEPAZ AND I BURNT UP 6 OF THEM WITHIN A MONTH, ON A 2 PUMP SET-UP (sorry for the caps)!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by BigNasty85Regal@Sep 16 2003, 09:54 AM
YEP, THEY FUCKING SUCK, STREET SWEEPAZ AND I BURNT UP 6 OF THEM WITHIN A MONTH, ON A 2 PUMP SET-UP (sorry for the caps)!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
How many volts were you running to them?

L

·
0 Posts
you have to "break them in". have to steadily increase the voltage. i start with three, then four, then five. never had a problem. some hoppers use them. id double them up though. nice for show, can be used for hopping, but i wouldnt go through the hassle.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have them cuz they look clean and they blow monthly and i dont use my shit due to suspened licence but i keep my shit charged

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I don't understand why people have probs w/ these things!I've been runnin' blocks for 7 years now, and haven't blown up a single one.I think if you set your shit up right, and know what you're doin' on the box-you shouldn't be blowin' shit up.I'm not sayin' there aren't a few "lemons" out there, but damn-a LOT of people hate blocks for no reason-they work, they look good, and in a way they're safer-they contain the huge shower of sparks when the solenoid blows inside the case, at least they might prevent a fire!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Am sorry but I have to agree, solenoid blocks suck ass. I burnt up damn near a dozen of em. Went with accurate solenoids, and no more problems. Even took the time to dissect some. The springs and contact points inside the block's, are thin wimpy looking junk. Gut open an accurate, and they have much thicker, harder contacts with a much heavier spring. No substitute for em in my book.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by CANUHOP@Sep 16 2003, 12:12 PM
I don't understand why people have probs w/ these things!I've been runnin' blocks for 7 years now, and haven't blown up a single one.I think if you set your shit up right, and know what you're doin' on the box-you shouldn't be blowin' shit up.I'm not sayin' there aren't a few "lemons" out there, but damn-a LOT of people hate blocks for no reason-they work, they look good, and in a way they're safer-they contain the huge shower of sparks when the solenoid blows inside the case, at least they might prevent a fire!
bro i got them for the fact they look clean but im not really switch i dont drive my shit due to suspened licence andi keep my shit charged up but they still blow i had my set up all pro done hard lines all that good shit but they keep blowing could one of the wires have gone bad?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Originally posted by CANUHOP@Sep 16 2003, 12:12 PM
i have them in my car also never burn on its been more then a year.

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by S10lifted+Sep 16 2003, 09:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S10lifted @ Sep 16 2003, 09:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BigNasty85Regal@Sep 16 2003, 09:54 AM
YEP, THEY FUCKING SUCK, STREET SWEEPAZ AND I BURNT UP 6 OF THEM WITHIN A MONTH, ON A 2 PUMP SET-UP (sorry for the caps)!!!!!!!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
How many volts were you running to them?[/b][/quote]
I was running 6 to both, and they were fine, but it says 5 max, SO WHAT, I ran 4 to each, and they still burnt up, so I dunno :uh:

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
id much rather keep my fords...I dont like block's b/c they are a waste of money...too expensive for the product...and if I have a solenoid stick...Ill find which for it is and just replace the one instead of replacing another 50bucks...or i can drop down from 3 to 1 ford to get home if i need to...my 2

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
I'M RUNNING ONE BLOCK AND THREE NOIDS AND EVERYTHING WORKS FINE 2 PUMPS 4 BATTS :biggrin:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I ran 7 batterys through 2 blocks and I was blowing like one a week. and every time one would blow it would start a fire because of the plastic case. So now I just run them to the back. I just blow one for the back last week and thats with only 3 batterys.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Originally posted by CANUHOP@Sep 16 2003, 11:12 AM
Im gonna agree with you homie, had the same block to the front for like a couple years now, never blown it. 5 batteries through for most of that time and never had a problem :biggrin: :cheesy: but I think they made them better back in the day, the newer ones seem to suck ass ;)

Last edited by Lowriderlegend90 at Sep 19 2003, 04:35 PM

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
mine cought fire today(pics in post your ride)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts