LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far i busted one pattern and succesfully cut one that still has to be trimmed down.

plexiglass 30$
Makita Jigsaw(i tried the hacksaw fuck that shit) 54$
blades 5$
Milwaukee Sawsall 100$(spoils of war)

the sissybar will be a 2 piece even a 1/4 inch thick i still think 1/2 is better and the piece will attach to the weakest point in the middle. the bitch looks phat i cant wait till i engrace the pieces afterwards.

im also thinking of making a plexiglass,handlebars,pedals,steering wheel, spare kit bars, knock offs ,and a sproket in shape of a G

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by Lownslow302@Oct 5 2003, 08:55 PM
so far i busted one pattern and succesfully cut one that still has to be trimmed down.

plexiglass 30$
blades 5$

the sissybar will be a 2 piece even a 1/4 inch thick i still think 1/2 is better and the piece will attach to the weakest point in the middle. the bitch looks phat i cant wait till i engrace the pieces afterwards.

im also thinking of making a plexiglass,handlebars,pedals,steering wheel, spare kit bars, knock offs ,and a sproket in shape of a G
try a bandsaw if you know someone wha has one or even a table top scroll saw. The blade on a band saw moves in one sirection only and it wont jerk your plexi upo and down like a jig saw

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by dag65+Oct 6 2003, 10:23 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dag65 @ Oct 6 2003, 10:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Lownslow302@Oct 5 2003, 08:55 PM

plexiglass 30$
blades 5$

the sissybar will be a 2 piece even a 1/4 inch thick i still think 1/2 is better and the piece will attach to the weakest point in the middle. the bitch looks phat  i cant wait till i engrace the pieces afterwards.

try a bandsaw if you know someone wha has one or even a table top scroll saw. The blade on a band saw moves in one sirection only and it wont jerk your plexi upo and down like a jig saw[/b][/quote]
eh the jigsaw is giving some clean cuts no jerks since its a 2 speed saw. i know someone with a bandsaw but theyre 120 miles away. ill get some pics when i accomplish the first cut :biggrin:

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by Lownslow302+Oct 6 2003, 09:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lownslow302 @ Oct 6 2003, 09:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2003, 10:23 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Lownslow302
@Oct 5 2003, 08:55 PM

plexiglass 30$
blades 5$

the sissybar will be a 2 piece even a 1/4 inch thick i still think 1/2 is better and the piece will attach to the weakest point in the middle. the bitch looks phat  i cant wait till i engrace the pieces afterwards.

try a bandsaw if you know someone wha has one or even a table top scroll saw. The blade on a band saw moves in one sirection only and it wont jerk your plexi upo and down like a jig saw
eh the jigsaw is giving some clean cuts no jerks since its a 2 speed saw. i know someone with a bandsaw but theyre 120 miles away. ill get some pics when i accomplish the first cut :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
good going, promising pics. :thumbsup: good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts