LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so my friend made this diagram for me because im gettin ready to bag my impala, i want to have 3 tanks and 4 compressors.
heres a pic of the diagram he gave me

and heres some pics of his when it was first done, i know its all fuccin messy but you can get the idea of what is goin on :

ive never had an airbag setup before so im a lil ignorant as to how this shit works

·
Registered
228 Posts
why not just use a cross in between the valves instead of 2 tees? or buy the tee with the guage fiting that suicidedoors.com sells.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input, i dont really like the the engine compressor thing, but i dont know how to hook up the normal compressors .. can someone explain all this shit in plain english?

·
Registered
110 Posts
You are using the chassistech digital kit, Spray the actuall senders down with soapy water to verify they are not leaking. I have had a bunch of customers bring bring me parts that I refuse to install and that is 1 of them lol.

Yes ditch the black pipe fittings, we sell a brass fitting with a 1/8 port drilled/tapped into the side.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input everybody,
does anybody have a accurate diagram of what they think i should do,
i want to have 3 tanks and 4 compressors, thats all i care about. im just trying to gather ideas

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by Lo_N_Lavish@Oct 10 2007, 04:24 PM~8971228
thanks for the input everybody,
does anybody have a accurate diagram of what they think i should do,
i want to have 3 tanks and 4 compressors, thats all i care about. im just trying to gather ideas

All the same size tanks and pumps? I wont be in the shop untill monday, if you call me up then I can give you some tips on setting it up in your trunk.

·
do it in a datsun!!
14,491 Posts
i dunno if my setup can help or give you ideas but i used to 9 gallon tanks that fit nice and snug, plumed the valve the same on each side with quick connect jic fittings and clips for the wireing, they are also labled so if a vavle ever goes bad i can take it out fast and have no trouble remembering the wireing, valves are grounded to themselves too

this was the mock up pic with the pressue switch and gauge sender, the other side has a plug and the air inlet with a water trap, i also put on adjutable air mufflers later

here it is all installed

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
most def it helps,
that looks pretty good ill probably use 9 galons like u did, whered you buy all your parts?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cool thats what ill do, and paint em to match. has anybody tucked a tank under a car before? i know its probably been done a million times but im lookin to see pics n tips

·
OHH YEEEAH!!!!
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by Cirilian@Oct 18 2007, 11:16 PM~9036056
Besides the obvious cosmetic issues what are the draw backs to using black pipe fittings?
Moisture causes them to rust inside, & low psi ratings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can see the rust issues but really if you have a system with water traps, like your supposed to, then how much of an issue is it really. As far as the psi ratings, they're rated to 150 psi just like our tanks?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts