LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to go with bags insted of juice cause i want that smooth ass ride that bags have plus the frame wont hold hyros with out a lot of fucking work. I need to find a kit or a good combo nation of summin that wont be to hard to install myself or if there is any shops that do this kinda shit in northern michigan i live in traverse city. i need to get this ride down to the ground cause its my baby for 3 years now and never fucked me once. when i get pics i will post them up it is a litle rough body wise right know but i gots that shit. peace :cool:

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
It really depends how fast you wanna go?

Pending on Valves,Compressors,and Tank size is up to you.The Larger you the more it will be.I aint from Michigan so I can not refer you to any shops but Airide is pretty easy to do yourself.

You could do I kick ass setup for around $2500.00 :cool:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at air-rides site and i found some kits but it isnt a very high demand car especially since its 4 doored, but it was my first car and the name was my first tatoo, it only has 76 thousand on the odometer and has given me 3 years of nothing but fathful dependece in eveything it has been a truck on more athan a couple ocassions when i am drunk in the woods and almost a sea boat once. but will it be super hard to plumb it up, plus they are very expensive and i cant really figure it all out what i need if someone can help.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey i just found some shit on coolcars.org and am wondering if it will work and if so is it a good kit and will it fit in my all coilsprung 79 impala 4 door-------- 10-7038 3/8 Basic FBSS Fast back kit $1095.00
1-Heavy Duty compressor, 1-5 gallon tank, 4-3/8 MAC 1500 fast valves w/10 switch pre-wired box, 1-125psi. Pressure switch, 1-Glass water trap, 2-Dual needle pressure gauges, 4- Air bags, All fittings and 60ft.-air line. FBSS, Pancake, & Seesaw.

·
Registered
194 Posts
that kit sounds pretty complete to me. The only thing u might wanna do is upgrade that pressure switch to 150 at least. I run 170 PSI on my truck...and it's fast.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how hard would it be to install all of this shit on my ride

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and what the the 125 preasure switch actually do? i am new to baggin i am a body man unproffesionally sine i am only 19

·
Registered
194 Posts
well..i cant really help ya on that cuz i have a S-10 truck....but if ya have basic welding skills...i'm sure you could pull it off. If u can....talk to the guy on the forum with the blue impala with blue wires....he's got bags on there....pretty quick.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm 19 to dawg.....and i only learned through readin forums...and watching while my truck got bagged. Anyways...the pressure switch is put between ur compressor and tank and tells ur compressor to turn OFF...when the tank reaches a certain pressure......hints a 125 PSI pressure switch only allows ur compressure to fill the tank to 125 PSI. More PSI=faster bags

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well shit do you know the dude with the impala with blue wires screen name i guess you would call it

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey thanx dawg- i have till may 7 to finish this car and the money to do it but i wnat as much done by myself as possible, i get off probation for use of the greens and want to roll down the streat in my lowrider smokin a $200 dolla blunt, a year for an 8th that wasnt mine fuck that stupid pigs in this hick town.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts