LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would some of you suggest for a first time setup for a g-body??

i am planning on some hopping (nothin really big tho)

btw.. i have experience with switches, and im not afraid to fix shit....

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've been looking at mostly g-bodies

i will be installing it....
sorry if i confused anybody.... i been leaning towards a regal, & that might be what im gonna go for....

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
If it's your first lo lo, I suggest a 2 pump, 4 dump, 6 battery set-up. You won't be able to hop, but you can hit a rolling 3.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by peteypablo@Nov 16 2003, 01:16 AM
If it's your first lo lo, I suggest a 2 pump, 4 dump, 6 battery set-up. You won't be able to hop, but you can hit a rolling 3.
thanks..... ;)

keep em commin' :cheesy:

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
I would just suggest a two pump setup with three dumps... with 6-8 batteries...

why? you are learning... plus if done correctly you can swing on people :)

p.s. put an adex up front... or o.g. square dump...
2 italians in the back... so that you can control corners if you are going to hop...

however, if you want to play around and make it more simpler, which i prefer... just two switches... and two dumps...

one adex to the front... one adex to the back... and 10 batteries...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
i would say a 3 pump set up with 3 italian dumps and 8 batts that way you can still stand a 3 wheel and it will coast less running 3 pumps and italians that it will coast for you 2 have 2 pumps with an adex. :biggrin:

P

·
0 Posts
if u really want to hop then get a 2 pump setup with 6-8 batteries. whose installing this for you? Why don't you install it yourself i think its way better

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Originally posted by 82onJUICE@Nov 16 2003, 03:34 AM
i would say a 3 pump set up with 3 italian dumps and 8 batts that way you can still stand a 3 wheel and it will coast less running 3 pumps and italians that it will coast for you 2 have 2 pumps with an adex. :biggrin:
I agree with 82... thats a great starter setup and you would have alot more fun with that, than just a 2 pump. Hell, if you could go 4 pump thats even better, but a 3 pump system is the least I would do.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Cadillac Bob+Nov 16 2003, 09:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cadillac Bob @ Nov 16 2003, 09:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--82onJUICE@Nov 16 2003, 03:34 AM
i would say a 3 pump set up with 3 italian dumps and 8 batts that way you can still stand a 3 wheel and it will coast less running 3 pumps and italians that it will coast for you 2 have 2 pumps with an adex.  :biggrin:
I agree with 82... thats a great starter setup and you would have alot more fun with that, than just a 2 pump. Hell, if you could go 4 pump thats even better, but a 3 pump system is the least I would do.[/b][/quote]
i've been hearing this a lot, about the 3 pump setup........

something else for me to think about... :)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
yeah see the thing is alot of people go with the 2 pump 4 dump set up to begine with but i dont like being nexst to a guy that has 2 pumps and has to turn hard to get it up and it come back down fast because it is to fast of movment and you can not pay any real atintion to what you are doing

just my opinoin but i hope you get something that you want but one thing dont buy some junk used pumps, dumps etc.. hold out and buy new you will be alot happer and you will have to do less work to keep it working :biggrin:

bob you start redoing your lac yet??

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Originally posted by 82onJUICE@Nov 16 2003, 08:36 AM
yeah see the thing is alot of people go with the 2 pump 4 dump set up to begine with but i dont like being nexst to a guy that has 2 pumps and has to turn hard to get it up and it come back down fast because it is to fast of movment and you can not pay any real atintion to what you are doing

just my opinoin but i hope you get something that you want but one thing dont buy some junk used pumps, dumps etc.. hold out and buy new you will be alot happer and you will have to do less work to keep it working :biggrin:

bob you start redoing your lac yet??
exactly... buy new never used... :)

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
4 pumps 16 batteries...................na id go 4 batteries and 2 pumps

Last edited by droppen98 at Nov 16 2003, 07:23 PM

·
Registered
534 Posts
my first setup was a 2 pump 4 dump 8 batt hijacker set up... loved it... but i outgrew it in about a year.. added a 3rd pump and finally a 4th... i had to crawl before i could walk.. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts