LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what would be a good sewing machine to buy to do my interior with....im not gonna be doing leather or anything...maybe some vinyl though.....i just want something that will be strong enough and will last...(at a reasonable price though) :cool:

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Some sewing machine retailers will rent you an industrial machine. Try looking in the yellow pages under sewing machines.

·
Registered
865 Posts
make sure it is INDUSTRIAL,the thread it uses is heavier and will last longer, you need one with a "walking foot".i got the one that i still use from the singer retailer in town here.it is a used one which is okay!dont waste your time with a little house machine :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Originally posted by KurupT@Nov 29 2003, 11:57 PM
dont waste your time with a little house machine :biggrin:
no shit was a complete waste of money.. :angry: :angry:
but its cool we got this shop here and ive been checkin it out..
tha homeboy who does the interior, took over tha shop after his dad.. and hes being pretty cool bout showing me how to , tips and tricks.. he says i can use his machine for a small fee... but only if i buy tha material from him.. :)

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
i have an old 60's singer industrial that works great. All metal no plastic. if u try to use a house one it wont walk the thick vinyl through :angry:

·
Registered
807 Posts
so i guess the ones at Wal Mart for about 100-150 aint good enough? i was about to get one yesterday, but i have 2 weeks at the end of december that im gunna tackle the seats with some white vinyl. i was just gunna wait till then to get it. now i guess i wont.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Originally posted by cadiman8592@Dec 8 2003, 07:24 PM
I have a $1500 ConSew that you can have for $600 delivered.
That's a good deal for a Consew. What model is it? I paid $300 for my 226R at a local auto swapmeet. After getting it tuned up for $100, the guy at the shop told me he would give me $1200 for it on the spot. Couldn't give up my machine though. Love my Consew.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
My great aunt has a bunch of different machines, so I checked and found a "SINGER Stylist 534". It's heavy pretty much all metal and heavy, but it's missing the AC plug and walking feet... I'm confused about where I would put the lil walking feet device anyway.
Does this sound like something I could use to do leather or vinyl?
aigght piece.

Last edited by BUTTAFINGUZ at Dec 13 2003, 01:17 PM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts