LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I EXTEND MY TRAILING 1 1/2 and take away an inch off your driveshaft WHAT DID I DO WRONG??? :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
pinion angle problem!!! i bet its pionting up!!!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
should have moved upper arm mounts instead of extending the arms... the only way to get your pinion to be correct is to extend the lowers the same as the uppers then you will prolly pull the drive shaft out of the tranny..your wheels will sit back in the wheel wells.. and wont hop as easy!!!!.........my opinion trash the uppers and move the upper mount.......

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by caranto@Aug 8 2005, 07:23 AM~3560293
should have moved upper arm mounts instead of extending the arms... the only way to get your pinion to be correct is to extend the lowers the same as the uppers then you will prolly pull the drive shaft out of the tranny..your wheels will sit back in the wheel wells.. and wont hop as easy!!!!.........my opinion trash the uppers and move the upper mount.......
HOW?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
[attachmentid=237722]2 ways make some ghetto drop down mounts.. or cut the rear x-member about 2"above where the uppers mount then where it is welded to the frame drop down 2" fill the gap with a piece of 2"x1/4 flat stock ,reweld sides .....done!!! :biggrin: you can see in the pic where it is dropped down!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Originally posted by cuttyman84@Aug 8 2005, 11:18 AM~3560733
GOT MORE PIC???
of what???

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
[attachmentid=237874]cut here!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
GLASSHOUSE RIDER
4,107 Posts
Is this better? :cool:
One question, are these your lowers or uppers?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
cant see image!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
restricted at work still can't see????

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Originally posted by cuttyman84@Aug 9 2005, 04:24 AM~3569077
uppers
Nope they are his lowers. If you read he cut that part of the crossbrace out and moved it forward and lower so the uppers mount just as they were. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts