LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
i personally like rockfords for volume but the new memphis shallow mounts are really clean.

for me though its kinda like having the worlds fastest dodge neon, no matter what you do its still a neon. no matter what shallow mount you buy it still wont sound like a standard woofer

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replys but its not that i want loud bass like a regular sub is that i want the bass clean cus i got a f 250 and i got two punch p3s hooked up to a 1200 watt hifonics brutus with a custom box and they sound like they are suffocating like not enough air!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
standard cab, extended or crew? ive put 3 10's or 2 12's behind the crew cab all day. the extended cab kinda sucks though barely get 2 10's under the seat

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
what are the dimensions for the space you are using?

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
dude best thing to do is get 2 or 4 of the 10's or 12's kicker shallow mounts i have heard 4 10's of them in a f-250 behind the seat and they pounded and they sounded damn good i also here 2 12 shallow mount kickers in a extended cab chevy uner the seat on a 1200.1 kicker amp and they pounded and also sounded good

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i also heard kicker have good shallow mounts! but i only want two 12 so my amp could handle.. they also say pioneer have good one too is that true?

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Originally posted by classic76@Jan 5 2009, 11:05 PM~12617926
yeah i also heard kicker have good shallow mounts! but i only want two 12 so my amp could handle.. they also say pioneer have good one too is that true?
I DO NOt Know About Them if i was needing shallow mounts i would go kicker

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
your right!! im pretty u cant go wrong with kicker cus i have gotten l7 15s and cvrs 15s and been bumping nice! thanks im gonna try the kicker shallow mounts

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
Cadence made solo bass subs back in the day that were made for small boxes. 500rms 1000peak. I had a cadence Z1200 amp going to 2 12" cadence shockwaves in a huge ass sealed box that pounded pretty hard. Then I got 2 10" cadence solo bass in a small sealed box that was .66 cubes per sub off the same amp and them fucks hit as hard as the 12s in the big box.

Was funny cuz Id play them for people and theyd be like damn what you runnin, Id pop the big ass trunk and there sits a tiny 30x10x12 box and 2 10's :rofl:

I picked up a couple of these subs new off ebay a couple years ago cheap. Put them in a buddys standard cab and they shake it good.

I havent heard any of the new shallow subs but Ill bet kicker's technology is better than cadence late 90's ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
but i what i got dont get is that different subs have different voice coils. for example the pioneer have single and the puch have dual does that matter? cus i thought dual voice coil better than single voice coil!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Originally posted by classic76@Jan 8 2009, 10:51 PM~12650027
but i what i got dont get is that different subs have different voice coils. for example the pioneer have single and the puch have dual does that matter? cus i thought dual voice coil better than single voice coil!
single and dual voice coils dont have a perform any different than the other. it just gives you wiring options.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts